By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Spring update to include motion control and game install support?

From Engadget http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/14/xbox-360-spring-update-to-include-motion-control-and-game-instal/

Xbox 360 Spring update to include motion control and game install support?

You know how the fanboy banter goes: Wii is teh lame because waggling is silly. PS3 is teh stupid because of those in-game installs and the slow Blu-Ray drive. What if the Xbox 360 were to get both of those "features" in its Spring dashboard update? According to a supposedly leaked list for the upcoming dashboard update, both a "motion sensor device" and HDD installation will be supported. The first item listed, "Calibration options for motion sensor devices" certainly makes it seem like a waggle stick is on its way to the 360. The other, "store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading" sounds a lot like the PS3's proclivity for keeping an HDD cache handy. PSWii60, anyone?

Looks like MS can't stop copying the competition...

Around the Network

Well if it's optional, then I don't really mind. Forced installs would really suck (although they would never do that as some people don't have a hd). The PS3 has to have the installation on some games as the BD drive is not fast enough to transfer all those huge textures they throw on the BD.

Are you saying that MS is now copying the PS3? You do know that PCs have forced you to install pretty much anything to use it for the looooongest time, so if they're copying anything it is PCs.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

^ I was talking about copying the waggle capabilities of the Wii, Sony isn't being very original lately...

Its quite easy to patch an install to games I think... Only HDD users need apply anyway. Could they download it for legacy games do you think?

Tease.

Bigger HDD will be required to install lots of games. Upgrade to a 120GB ASAP.

Around the Network

It won't be a traditional install, more like how the original xbox saved game data to the HDD to quicken load times with no install.

Any theories of what uses will MS make of the "Calibration options for motion sensor devices"???

^^The Newton.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."