By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Question about 360 upscaling Xbox 1 games...

This may be a dumb question but does 360 upscale old xbox games to 720p or does it actually render them in 720p using software emulation?(a-la Bleemcast with PS1 games) 

In preparing for Ninja Gaiden 2, I purcahsed and downloaded Ninja Gaiden Black on the 360. I remember this game being 480p and being very good looking on the xbox but now it looks much much cleaner on the 360(which is uncharacteristic for upscalling).

I'm actually stunned how good it looks on the 360 as it looks cleaner and sharper than a lot of actual PS360 games and is visually miles better than any Wii game I've ever played.

So yeah, does someone know if this is this being upscaled or somehow actually rendered in 720p?

Around the Network

herhehe seriously?

you had to throw in "miles better than any wii game"?

thats completely irrelevant...its just flamebait

Man said:
herhehe seriously?

Well not really,  I believe it serves a purpose explaining how good the game looks...

Besides, I didn't say its miles better than any wii game gameplay wise, bit there is no denying that it looks better. Anyone who thinks im BS-ing should go try it and prove me wrong... I haven't played many old xbox games on the 360 as I sold them all but I'm going to have to get some more as check out if the visuals are better on them as well.

disolitude said:
Man said:
herhehe seriously?

Well not really, I believe it serves a purpose explaining how good the game looks...

Besides, I didn't say its miles better than any wii game gameplay wise, bit there is no denying that it looks better. Anyone who thinks im BS-ing should go try it and prove me wrong... I haven't played many old xbox games on the 360 as I sold them all but I'm going to have to get some more as check out if the visuals are better on them as well.

Pics? I would like to see this "miles better than any wii game". 

@sc94597

Its irrelevant, and not really why the thread was created.

If you really want to see it you need to go play it man. Pics wont do any game justice as you have to see it in motion.

I have a 58 inch HP plasma TV and have component hooke dup with 360 and the Wii... this is how you need to compare visuals. Big ass screen...best resolution possible.

Around the Network

The code for the game is exactly the same as the original.

Ninja Gaiden just looks stunning anyway.

Anyway, i'm pretty sure all the games are just upscaled.

Never mind...I answered my question...as well as yours sc94597. It upscales it...

http://www.gamemanx.com/xbox-360/review-ninja-gaiden-black-is-that-crack/2008/03/07/

"The graphics are great. The downloadable Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox 360 looks better than almost every Wii game I have ever played. The game’s native resolution is 480p/widescreen which is about what the Wii outputs though I figure the Xbox 360 upscales it and in my case its upscaled to 1080i. The graphics look better than Twilight Princess for example."

disolitude said:
@sc94597

Its irrelevant, and not really why the thread was created.

If you really want to see it you need to go play it man. Pics wont do any game justice as you have to see it in motion.

I have a 58 inch HP plasma TV and have component hooke dup with 360 and the Wii... this is how you need to compare visuals. Big ass screen...best resolution possible.

Pics may not be as acurate,but they do get the message through, especially when you are comparing pics to pics. I would also like to confirm that the xbox 360 does upscale original xbox games to both 720p,and 1080i. 

disolitude said:
Never mind...I answered my question...as well as yours sc94597. It upscales it...

http://www.gamemanx.com/xbox-360/review-ninja-gaiden-black-is-that-crack/2008/03/07/

"The graphics are great. The downloadable Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox 360 looks better than almost every Wii game I have ever played. The game’s native resolution is 480p/widescreen which is about what the Wii outputs though I figure the Xbox 360 upscales it and in my case its upscaled to 1080i. The graphics look better than Twilight Princess for example."

Oh ok, I answered your question too late. Well I believe they said ALMOST, and it looking better than twilight princess doesn't really matter seeing as it is a gamecube port. I would also like to tell you that I've seen better on the wii, even though this is better than most. I might buy the game and see for myself, but by the pics you showed me It's not better than a few wii games graphically, but that can't be as accurate as seeing the game on a tv. 

not to derail the thread disolitude but what i wanna know is are the downloadable Xbox games in 4:3 aspect ratio or is it in 16:9 or are they adjustable