By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 price drop, anytime soon?

I've wondered for a little while now why Sony has not gone ahead and dropped the price of the PS3. I know they dropped the price last year before E3, but why not again sometime soon? I was hoping maybe a few forum members could chime in with their thoughts on why Sony should or shouldnt. First, they need to stay relevent  in Japan. I know MGS is coming, and I know games are what truly drives sales, but c'mon! Sony numbers recently have been abysmal in Japan, why not try and get a little something going? In Europe it could serve as something of a KO blow to the 360 which has struggled a bit as of late despite a price drop. In America to me it makes the most sense because of the solid momentum the PS3 has built recently, why not try to cut into MS's lead a little bit, and push a little harder? I'm no economist or anything, and I'm sure there's very good reason why the people making decisions at Sony are staying put. In addition, its obvious the last price drop worked very well and sales have increased to very respectable numbers. However, to me it seems like the PS3 is still in need of more momentum, especially in the US and Japan. While I'm no fanboy, I'm certainly rooting for Sony here in this gen, and I'm a little disappionted Sony isn't being as aggressive as I would be. Any thoughts? Too much text?

Around the Network

Nobody can even read your post.