By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts Trailer!!!!!!!!

naznatips said:
Strategyking92 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Strategyking92 said:
WHEN DID THE XBOX FORUM TURN INTO THE NINTENDO ONE!!!!!

We're talking about Banjo Kazooie and related topics, please don't de-rail the thread.

and how is fable 2 related to mario???

What's Fable have to do with anything? Mario Sunshine was brought up by Rocket as a comparison, and then it was discussed whether this was a similar style or not. Also, if you didn't notice, there was a Mario in the trailer.

I don't see how it's so wrong to want Banjo to be a platformer. Seriously look how Jak Combat Racing turned out. There is plenty of reason to be disappointed with a franchise you enjoy not sticking to its genre at all.

All i'm saying is that every xbox thread eventually gets turned into a nintendo thread, one way or another. And nothing is ever done about it.  It is starting to piss me off.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
naznatips said:
Strategyking92 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Strategyking92 said:

We're talking about Banjo Kazooie and related topics, please don't de-rail the thread.

What's Fable have to do with anything? Mario Sunshine was brought up by Rocket as a comparison, and then it was discussed whether this was a similar style or not. Also, if you didn't notice, there was a Mario in the trailer.

I don't see how it's so wrong to want Banjo to be a platformer. Seriously look how Jak Combat Racing turned out. There is plenty of reason to be disappointed with a franchise you enjoy not sticking to its genre at all.

All i'm saying is that every xbox thread eventually gets turned into a nintendo thread, one way or another. And nothing is ever done about it.  It is starting to piss me off.

Blame Rare for blowing up an in-game created image of Mario at the end of thier trailer. =P

BrainBoxLtd said:
Strategyking92 said:
naznatips said:
Strategyking92 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Strategyking92 said:

Blame Rare for blowing up an in-game created image of Mario at the end of thier trailer. =P

it doesn't explain why people are talking about everything mario now though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Wow.. after seeing the video, i'm ready to take it off my "Reasons to get a 360" list.. is this game even a platformer anymore?

Also, i've read in two places now that mario gets blown up.. except as far i can tell that doesn't happen as the screen changes about a second after it shows the pixel-mario.. are people watching a different video? 

After watching the trailer i was very pissed of what Rare has done. The first two are still the best 3D Platformers ever made. Nothing even comes close to what they brought to the table. But after reading this thread and thinking about the game, i think it could work, the vehicles could enhance the Platformer mechanic instead of wrecking it. I'm also pretty sure their will be inside areas where cars and stuff won't be used.

I can't wait for this game to come out, it may just topple R&C as the best Platformer this generation.

Around the Network

Never exposed to this franchise. Is this going to be big?

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Having all those vehicles in online races over Xbox live would be pretty sweet too.

I fail to see gameplay.

I just see cars blowing things up and flying.

Basically the complaint by many is that Rare has decided to be original. I am flabbergasted by the apparent shock of this development by some. Rare has never been a conventional developer. They take risks, and they think outside of the box. That is exactly what has made them so good. Had they been complacent with concepts the way many developers have been in the past we would not have a lot of very good games, and more specifically memories of games.

Ironically the very people throwing a shit fit over the changes are the same people that mock the likes of Electronic Arts for never deviating from the formula, or worse retreading last years offering with a new paint job. The reality is that platform games are one of the stalest of genres. You jump from one platform to another, and if the game is any good you spend hours trying to time your jumps correctly.

The games in this genre never have any replay value. They have no moving story, no social interaction, no definable choices, and almost no freedom. Thus you have no reason to go back and play the game again. You cannot deviate from the previous path. You have to do exactly the same thing again. Which is actually quite boring since your muscle memory is much more acute, and the challenges are no longer challenging, or the tasks were tedious to begin with, and will be tedious once more.

For these reasons I was relatively sure I was never going to waste good money on another platform title. Regardless of how well that title is made, because there is no point in buying something that will amuse you for a week perhaps two, and then never use it again. When there are so many games that you will buy, and revisit for months and years. Other genres allow you to recapture some of your experience without feeling like your just going through the motions again.

I had no major expectations for this title, or any gnawing desire to play it when it was released. I like Rare fine. I just do not like platform gaming anymore. However after watching the video I am actually giving the title a second consideration. I see a lot of freedom there. I also see the potential for social interaction with other players as we build our rides, and fight in a multiplayer environment.

You know what else I really like the potential for serious variation. You could probably play this game in so many ways. Platform elements, car racing, wave racing, air racing, vehicular combat on the ground, sea, and air. All wrapped inside of a single game. That is a lot of things to do, and something that will probably appeal to most anyone. The single player game be damned I want to get in a tussle with fifteen other people riding around in vehicles of their own design.

Seriously this has the potential to be very interesting indeed. Perhaps it was not what you were expecting. Does that necessarily mean it will be a bad thing. This game could reinvigorate the genre. I also suspect since it looks to be a all in one package that the title will probably sell very well indeed.

I guess the vehicles are a whole new turnaround for the series, but who knows, it's still only it's first trailer, a second one could come along with only platforming.

Conker will always be Rares best game.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina