By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts Trailer!!!!!!!!

BenKenobi88 said:
jasonnc80 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:

I am loving this. LOL. When Mario Galaxy was first shown everyone said it was crap, that going in space and running upside down round planets was awful. Look at what the gaming world says about it now. The Banjo team know what they are doing in platform games. They are the best team outside of the Shigsy at platformers. I have no doubt it'll all gel well.

The best team outside Shigsy...in 1998. It's been a long time since they've made a good platformer.

You could kind of say the same thing about Mario. Before Galaxy it had been a long time (10 years) since a good mario platformer....Mario64

No, Mario Sunshine was respectable...it's underrated.

On the other hand, how many people were pissed that a major gameplay mechanic had been changed in Sunshine?

And how many people like the game after having played it?

All I'm saying is that Rare deserves a chance to make this right. If the game sucks when it ships, I'll be the first to start slamming it.

Even so, I'm disapointed that it's not more traditional. I can understand disappointment over the announcement but the pure hatred in this thread is unwarranted. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

In honest, it doesn't look horrible.

In the end it will sell, but not like SMG, but like R&CF:TOD. Honestly, I think that what Microsoft is at least hoping for.

I'm just saying...

I just realized Gamespot gave the first 2 games 9.5 and 9.6 respectively.

I wonder if they can pull it off with this one.

rocketpig said:
BenKenobi88 said:
jasonnc80 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:

I am loving this. LOL. When Mario Galaxy was first shown everyone said it was crap, that going in space and running upside down round planets was awful. Look at what the gaming world says about it now. The Banjo team know what they are doing in platform games. They are the best team outside of the Shigsy at platformers. I have no doubt it'll all gel well.

The best team outside Shigsy...in 1998. It's been a long time since they've made a good platformer.

You could kind of say the same thing about Mario. Before Galaxy it had been a long time (10 years) since a good mario platformer....Mario64

On the other hand, how many people were pissed that a major gameplay mechanic had been changed in Sunshine?

All I'm saying is that Rare deserves a chance to make this right. If the game sucks when it ships, I'll be the first to start slamming it.

Even so, I'm disapointed that it's not more traditional. I can understand disappointment over the announcement but the pure hatred in this thread is unwarranted.

I'm not sure how many...but they were probably more pissed that the game took place on a general island instead of warping to wild and unique locations like M64 did. 

Still, the fundamental gameplay was pretty much the same.  I suppose it is here in the new B&K, but the vehicle theme is definitely more of a change than a waterpack.

I never said I wouldn't give it a chance...but it's definitely not the game I wanted.  Even if I find this game highly enjoyable, I'll finish it and still want another Banjo sequel that does the original justice.  Hopefully Rare proves me wrong. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

rocketpig said:
BenKenobi88 said:
jasonnc80 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:

I've expressed no hatred.  I even said the game may be good, but what it isn't, is Banjo. 

Around the Network

Well, do you consider Sunshine to be Mario? I know a fair amount of people don't... Not that I think that's bad, I just happened to enjoy the game.

You weren't expressing hatred for this change but I've seen a fair amount of people in this forum who have.

Me, I'll just wait. After what Bethesda did to Fallout, I think I'm becoming numb to this sort of thing. At least there's a hope for this game to retain some of the heart of the old Banjo games.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wow.......that trailer was type wack. The only "platforming" I saw was Banjo tight rope walking, doing one jump, and running. I don't think this is "you mad cuz he using cars" argument. I hope the driving doesn't outnumber the platforming that much.

The blowing up of Mario's head was just retarded. It had nothing to do with the game at all and is like sticking your tongue out at a sibling. Banjo got it's start on a friggin Nintendo system, why would you do that? I don't see Cloud kicking Link in the face in FF7.

I played the first 2 Banjo Kazooie games, and they were solid games. This game doesn't build excitement for me whatsoever. The building of your own car is pretty cool though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

After what Bethesda did to Fallout,

Did I miss something? HAve we new information about Fallout3 a gameplay trailer or something? I still had harbored hope that they would at least follow the story and detailled world tradition.

Ari_Gold said:
The_vagabond7 said:
....That is....terrible. So much potential wasted...they turned one of the best platformers of the N64 generation into a Twisted metal/GTA/mariokart game. I was so frikkin pumped for this, and now I have lost about 90% of my interest in it. What the hell was that?

The end is just sad too. It reeks of the old Crash Bandicoot commercials. Many have come and tried to dethrone Mario, and all have failed and turned into 3rd rate stars (crash, spyro, Sonic). Looking at this video, I don't think Mario has much competition.

I guess you've already played the game..... or basically just have bad eyesight... the game is a platformer with lego vechicles, and the art and physics look so fuckin unbelieavable. Vechicles are used to reach hard to get jigsaws, or you could just play like the old banjo games if you want. 

This thread is about banjo, so thanks for derailing the thread with stupid fanboyish comments.  

I know, most of the people bashing it for no reason don't even have a 360!!! they are jealous I say!!!!!! jealous!!! At least this series isn't getting whored out!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

rocketpig said:
Well, do you consider Sunshine to be Mario? I know a fair amount of people don't... Not that I think that's bad, I just happened to enjoy the game.

You weren't expressing hatred for this change but I've seen a fair amount of people in this forum who have.

Me, I'll just wait. After what Bethesda did to Fallout, I think I'm becoming numb to this sort of thing. At least there's a hope for this game to retain some of the heart of the old Banjo games.

Sunshine was still a platformer.  A platformer with an odd mechanic sure, but it was about running and jumping.  This is a vehicle game with some platforming.  It's not that I have any problem with the style of game, but why use Banjo?  Make a whole new game if you have no intention of sticking to the Banjo style at all.