By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 details(rumour?)

20-30 times bigger than fable?
They fit this game in one DVD disc?

Around the Network
Coca-Cola said:
20-30 times bigger than fable?
They fit this game in one DVD disc?

Same question I had but they where able to fit GTA4 as well as Mass Effect and early on Oblivion so quite possible. 

I had just read that the game was only 10 times bigger...

but truth be told.. I'd still be happy with just 10x larger

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

ZOMG!!!!

This game is looking so fantastic. Microsoft said that the game is 10 times larger than the first. Even accounting for PR BS, you could still count on it being a few times larger, which would be incredible.

And THREE MORE GAMES!?! Fable FTW!!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Mistershine said:
Fable 2 is "content complete" with a measly 5,000 bugs to squash before it's completely complete, reports NeoGAF poster "Vinterbird" (aka Mikkel Vinther of Xboxlife.dk). The Danish site published a preview of Lionhead's second try today, based on a visit to the studio's headquarters in Guilford, UK last week. Vinther kindly translated the good parts, highlighting these new details in his post on NeoGAF:
  • Mini-map has been replaced with a "bread crumb trail;" a dynamic golden line on the ground that directs you to a destination (read: medieval GPS)
  • Magic system is dived into focused, single-foe attacks and ranged attacks; attacks can be built up into five levels using various spell combinations
  • Speaking of spells, there'll be just eight (but remember, they can be combined)
  • Every house in the game is up for sale; each house will unlock a sidequest, item or skill
  • Rough estimation: 20-30 times larger than the first Fable
  • The gameworld features seasons and dynamic weather
  • Cutscenes are interactive; the d-pad can be used to issue certain gestures that will steer conversations
  • Sex minigame was canned; instead, screen goes dark and moaning ensues (sex can still be unprotected though! Babies, yes; STDs, unconfirmed)
  • Female character was almost canned; almost.
  • And finally: Three more Fable sequels are being planned. (Lionhead is currently wrapping up Fable 2 and focusing on an announced project.)

3 more planned!? WooHoo!

"Woo hoo" for everything else, but one criticism:

"Mini map is dead. Peter hates it. So he made a "bread crump trail". Which is a golden line on the ground that will tell you which direction to go. It works kinda like a GPS system, so it will change if you go another direction, and will guide you in the right direction."

So the bread crumbs magically rearrange themselves around the movements of your character?  That sounds incredibly lame.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

well not much more than having a GPS... now we have to see how that works...

sinha said:
Mistershine said:
Fable 2 is "content complete" with a measly 5,000 bugs to squash before it's completely complete, reports NeoGAF poster "Vinterbird" (aka Mikkel Vinther of Xboxlife.dk). The Danish site published a preview of Lionhead's second try today, based on a visit to the studio's headquarters in Guilford, UK last week. Vinther kindly translated the good parts, highlighting these new details in his post on NeoGAF:
  • Mini-map has been replaced with a "bread crumb trail;" a dynamic golden line on the ground that directs you to a destination (read: medieval GPS)
  • Magic system is dived into focused, single-foe attacks and ranged attacks; attacks can be built up into five levels using various spell combinations
  • Speaking of spells, there'll be just eight (but remember, they can be combined)
  • Every house in the game is up for sale; each house will unlock a sidequest, item or skill
  • Rough estimation: 20-30 times larger than the first Fable
  • The gameworld features seasons and dynamic weather
  • Cutscenes are interactive; the d-pad can be used to issue certain gestures that will steer conversations
  • Sex minigame was canned; instead, screen goes dark and moaning ensues (sex can still be unprotected though! Babies, yes; STDs, unconfirmed)
  • Female character was almost canned; almost.
  • And finally: Three more Fable sequels are being planned. (Lionhead is currently wrapping up Fable 2 and focusing on an announced project.)

3 more planned!? WooHoo!

"Woo hoo" for everything else, but one criticism:

"Mini map is dead. Peter hates it. So he made a "bread crump trail". Which is a golden line on the ground that will tell you which direction to go. It works kinda like a GPS system, so it will change if you go another direction, and will guide you in the right direction."

So the bread crumbs magically rearrange themselves around the movements of your character? That sounds incredibly lame.

Lol.  I dont think it is literally a "bread-crumbs" trail, it is just LIKE a bread-crumb trail.

Is the game 10x bigger because the world is 10x bigger, or is it 10x bigger because they added 100 quests that will have you walking back and forth across the country side.

Fable 2 should be great, Fable is the only RPG ive ever completed, as i got bored with all the others i played.

Never fear, Starcraft's here.

Apparently if you wish, you can turn the breadcrumb trail off, or choose not to follow it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2008/05/20/dlfable120.xml