By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears Of War 2...GAMEPLAY Reveal -- Thread --1 HOUR to GO!!

UltimateFighter said:
makingmusic476 said:
UltimateFighter said:
starcraft that was something else i had tears in my eyes.I have seen the visuals for kz2 and r2 and they didn't even compare.I find it funny when people sat there and said the 360 graphically its its peak and i knew from experience working with game software and hardware that wasn't so.This is a amazing thing and i cant wait to play this game.Its gonna be the hardest wait ever.

Do yourself a favor and download this in 720p:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6441_26384_2_en.html

@Starcraft: We haven't really seen much of Resistance 2 to compare it to the others, but I have a feeling both Killzone 2 and Gears 2 will trump it graphically.

Though I'd love to be wrong. :D

Just watched it and it looks like a golrified cod4.No comparison gow2 looks way better.If you think othewise your nuts.If you look at the sideof the bridge the dude runs up on the textures are cheddar on that bridge and the lighting isnt as sharp on the walls etc as in gow2.It might be the colors there using in gear that give it that better effect etc.Also the gun in kz2 looks like shit the cod4 guns look more realistic.Kz2 does look good for a ps3 game tho as in better than anything currently on it.But it didnt impress me like that gow2 video just did.

Yeah...KZ2's gun models looks like shit alright...

Here's the gun model captured at the real resolution the image was.

@makingmusic476: don't bother.

Around the Network

@ultimatefighter

gears 2 looks awesome (looks like the polished version of first one with better light engine)
but Killzone 2 is a head above in terms of graphics ,,atleast to me.KZ2 loooks like CGI in gameplay.

this is not direct feed nor HD but it shows the texture on surface and the graphics:

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video/killzone-2.html#view:242742

it's stream so you don't have to lie this time about downloading the file ;)

guys let's not turn this into a KZ2 vs R2 vs Geow2

this thread is about Geow2

Holy crap people, why do you have to turn everything into a silly fanboy argument?

Stick to the topic and stop trying to compare the game into every other game out there that may or may not be released by the time Gears 2 is released. Leave the stupid fanboy crap out of this thread please.

I think you're all ignoring the important part here: this game actually has some colours! The game looks a lot better than it's predecessor simply because of that. More stuff happening is also great, and looks like there might be some more interaction with other humans, so the world doesn't feel so empty anymore.

I didn't enjoy the first Gears all that much, but this looks like a vast improvement.

played Gears of War while I waited for the trailer to download on my 360.

My opinion: It looks awesome - much better than the first.

This game will be huge!

Around the Network
Parokki said:
I think you're all ignoring the important part here: this game actually has some colours! The game looks a lot better than it's predecessor simply because of that. More stuff happening is also great, and looks like there might be some more interaction with other humans, so the world doesn't feel so empty anymore.

I didn't enjoy the first Gears all that much, but this looks like a vast improvement.

Winz for mentioning the colorz.

SpartanFX said:

Yea, but guess who started it in the first place? I have a clue, starts with a "S" and ends with a "T". The funny part is that they'll probably put the blame on the PSfanboys once again for causing all the ruckus. Either way you're right, this thread isn't about R2 vs KZ2 vs GeOW2, It's only about GeOW2, and the badass trailer.

I wonder much more improvements Epic is going to make with the graphics and how many players can be online at once? They have PLENTLY of time to up the graphics and code this thing so it'll definity look better than it does ATM

bbsin said:
SpartanFX said:

Yea, but guess who started it in the first place? I have a clue, starts with a "S" and ends with a "T". The funny part is that they'll probably put the blame on the PSfanboys once again for causing all the ruckus. Either way you're right, this thread isn't about R2 vs KZ2 vs GeOW2, It's only about GeOW2, and the badass trailer.

I wonder much more improvements Epic is going to make with the graphics and how many players can be online at once? They have PLENTLY of time to up the graphics and code this thing so it'll definity look better than it does ATM

I don't want to go offtopic , but what do those text bubbles in your avatar say. It's too small. 

sc94597 said:

I don't want to go offtopic , but what do those text bubbles in your avatar say. It's too small.

It's from a comic strip called "Mass Affection". check it out, it's also on my sig.

bbsin said:
sc94597 said:

It's from a comic strip called "Mass Affection". check it out, it's also on my sig.

Lmao Nice find.