By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR - MS showing off Wiimote-like controller next week, alongside Banjo 3

RUMOR - Microsoft showing off Wiimote-like controller next week, alongside Banjo 3

The rumors of Microsoft’s motion-sensing Wiimote-killer just won’t fade. Is it the real deal, or not? We may find out as early as next week. Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, and they’ll be showing off Banjo Kazooie 3, which has had Microsoft’s motion-sensing controller tied to it through various rumors. Get ready for next Tuesday…we might get to see just how badly Microsoft has ‘borrowed’ Nintendo’s idea. Thanks to Hingle for the heads up!

Side-note: Wouldn’t it sting that much more to see a Wiimote-copy with Banjo Kazooie 3 as the premiere title to show it off?

Link

To be honest, i'd love to see that happen. I'd also love to see it bomb... hard.

Around the Network

Nothing against the 360, I have chosen my neighbor with the 360 to bless with my presence playing GTAIV; but I hope the gaming press boos them off the stage. (I will still buy it.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

good, i have to get a pnemonia shot next tuesday, this will provide me with a good laugh if i see billy gates controlling banjo kazooie with a wiimote that has a blue "X", yellow "Y", green "A" and red "B" on it.

hmmm, interesting. I wonder what tech their motion controller will actually has if this turns out true, as well as how much it will cost for the end consumer.

I also wonder if Sony will or is doing something similar for the PS3, because there was a motion peripheral for the PS2 but that still hasn't come out and right now it looks more like vapourware than anything else.

Even if it is true, odds are it'd be something short lived that would be utilized in just a few games before being forgotten. For an idea like that to take off it really needs to be introduced along with the system I think.. I believe if a wiimote-like controller was introduced for the gamecube a few years after its release, no one really would've noticed it much.

Around the Network

It'd be funny if Banjo 3 required the use of this Xmote or whatever. It'd kill sales of the game.

I really have a hard time believing that MS is going through with something as stupid as this.

But then again, it's Microsoft.

Well BK3 will need to use motion control a whole lot more than SMG to make the x-mote meaningful. Also BK3 is NO Wii Sports, that won't attract anyone who wasn't already interested in games.

Yecats said:
Even if it is true, odds are it'd be something short lived that would be utilized in just a few games before being forgotten. For an idea like that to take off it really needs to be introduced along with the system I think.. I believe if a wiimote-like controller was introduced for the gamecube a few years after its release, no one really would've noticed it much.

Well I am not defending the X-mote I think MS should of waited until next gen HOWEVER it must be said that the Balance Board will most likely take off and it was not introduced with the system. Hell even the Wii Wheel may take off as unneccessary as it is---hint it works well with excite truck.

makingmusic476 said:
It'd be funny if Banjo 3 required the use of this Xmote or whatever. It'd kill sales of the game.

I really have a hard time believing that MS is going through with something as stupid as this.

But then again, it's Microsoft.

So long as Microsoft always allows alternate control schemes with all games (As in using the regular pad) except whichever game they bundle the controller with, this isn't stupid in the slightest.

At WORST, the idea sells a small amount of extra consoles.

At best:

-Shifts large number of extra consoles

-Enhances gameplay across a number of titles for the next three years.

-Gives Microsoft an excellent practice run for the next generation.

Anyone that thinks gamers are fickle enough to not buy an Xbox 360 (when they were actually planning to) because Microsoft "copied" Nintendo is a fool. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Really. If MS copies Ninty... I will be a forever MS hater... Please try to do something new and original...

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558