By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bourne Conspiracy Demo

Has anyone esle downloaded the Demo on XBL? I played through it a few times and I think the game has potential. Ever since I found out that it was going to be based on the books and not be rushed to coincide with last movies launch I've had hope that it would turn out well. Usually movie tie-ins range from average to terrible and the last movie game I thought was top notch was Goldeneye and it came out a year after the movie.

Around the Network

I liked it except for a couple things.  It seemed like there was a short cut scene that took control out of your hands every few seconds (in the first part).  Also I wish they would have copied uncharted with how the guns work.  You're either stuck moving really slow or getting out/putting away your gun a bunch of times.  Melee combat was pretty good, but became tedious for the "boss" in the airplane.  The car controlled strangely, but that part was somewhat fun despite that.  Just going off the demo, I'd say it is around a 6/10.  Fairly fun, but a lot of gameplay issues.

i thought it was pretty lame. He has these blistering judo throws and karte moves which can be performed with 1 button once the attack meter is full...however when you fight one on one normally he moves slower than a senior grandmother.

Why would we want to play this anyways? We all know the story of this franchise...why would be bother going through it again in videogame form?

played part of it.  I didn't finish because i wasn't having any fun.  the control was taken out of your hands far too often.   Rather than jump across to the next balcony you simply walk up to it press x and watch, and randomly when fighting control was taken away from you to display "mini cutscene" moves.  I absolutley despise the random press the random button that flashes on screen or die events that exist as well.  overall the controls where rather clunky.  As I write this I see that it is rather difficult to coherently word my specific dislikes (of which there are many more) and will therefore just say that it was absolutley terrible.  I have previously downloaded and played through at least once every single demo released on the psn, but this demo gets the distinction of being the first one not finished. (very quickly deleted)  

# score 2/10