By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats good and whats not here ???

rocketpig said:
Hey, don't forget Parasite Eve.
 got extra Jesus points for this 

Around the Network
naznatips said:
rocketpig said:
naznatips said:
Actually to be honest my main problem with some JRPGs is that the mainstream ones get so over-hyped that no one notices the real gems in the genre. FF games take all the attention (and rewiew scores), while the RPGs that do actually dare to be different are ignored.

Really, I haven't soured on JRPGs. I've soured on Square and FF in particular. Even Mistwalker's efforts have impressed me more than the FF games since IX, and I had pretty big issues with both BD and LO.

Still need to play The World Ends with You, though. Maybe I'll pick it up today after work if I have the time to swing by Gamestop.

Definitely get it. I warn you though: Neku starts out the game as the standard moody angsty teen, but his character development is strong and you'll see him change through the first 3rd of the game out of that cliche (for once it was actually appropriate for the style and the message of the game for the main character to be angsty).

The 2nd and 3rd reaper's games Neku is a stronger more mature character, and it's his partners who have the issues that need to be dealt with. Although he'll develop some as well.

I can deal with angsty as long as it goes away. Unfortunately for Lost Odyssey, the exact opposite happened and I stopped playing the game after 15 hours (though I'll go back to it sooner or later). The funeral scene/fetch quests were particularly agonizing to go through and lasted about 59 minutes longer than I wanted them to (they were about an hour long).

I'll be interested to see what you think of those games when you finally end up picking up a 360, Naz. It's an unpopular opinion but I think Blue Dragon is a better game. It's turn based but more progressive than LO and the art style fit the game. The voice acting is absolutely horrendous, though.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/