By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto 4: A Mirror of The United States

This is my first post ever and I was curious if anyone else picks up on the overwhelming vibe of America is a screwed up country. Driving by some workers on the street I heard them say the country has gotten more fascist since the attacks. The right wing radio station spews the hate that its real life counter part does. The media in the world of liberty city is all stupid reality and instant celebrity shows.

All of it adds up to a portrait of whats really wrong with this country. I would be curious if anyone else picks up on this or disagrees and if so why. Or if anone has any other observations. Not meant to be anti american as i like this country, I'm just worried about where we are headed and if we can fix our problems.

I do think GTA4 is fun and an excellent game, Just there is alot going on in the background.

Thank you for your time and replies. 

Around the Network

Yep, and everything said in the game is 100% true.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i agree with you on that man
this country is going down the chute
i think now is the time where we all
must stand together and unite

thats why
we should vote Hillary Clinton!!!!!!!!

:)

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Just wait for the second Civil War, it will come if the US Economy crashes, which it most likely will.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Well, yes, a large part of Grand Theft Auto (particularly its humor) is satire. However, there IS a difference between cold cut reality and a cleverly stated parody. Don't take it to seriously; for instance, today I woke up, ate cereal, drove to work , worked, and drove home. I did not steal multiple vehicles, flee policemen, solicit hookers, or blast innocent pedestrians with a shotgun.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

your avatar is made of 100% pure unadulterated win.

blaydcor said:
Well, yes, a large part of Grand Theft Auto (particularly its humor) is satire. However, there IS a difference between cold cut reality and a cleverly stated parody. Don't take it to seriously; for instance, today I woke up, ate cereal, drove to work , worked, and drove home. I did not steal multiple vehicles, flee policemen, solicit hookers, or blast innocent pedestrians with a shotgun.

Oh, NOT a normal part of everyday life?... I guess I shouldn't tell you about my day then. I'll do it after I'm done with these hookers I found in the back of a car I stole to flee police who tried to arrest me for blasting pedestrians with a shotgun...

Currently playing: Civ 6

"Darn them kids, listening to them 'thar Rock N' Roll and reading them violent comic books! America's heading in the wrong dye-erection, I tellz ya what!"

I haven't played the game, but this country isn't going in any worse a direction than the last generation of pessimists predicted. 

blaydcor said:

that isnt the point and you know it.

he is meaning whats the underlining meaning of some of the chatter in the game. Which is pointing out flaws in the USA at the moment.

I actually do not mean the missions, Just all the back ground stuff. The game aspect is what it is and that is fun. Its all about what you see and hear as you drive around