By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Iron Man opinions needed. Better than Batman Begins/Spidey 2?

Overall, I'd put it close to Batman Begins, but not quite surpassing it.

In terms of acting, I think Downey was way more perfect for his role than Bale. Bale was solid, Downey was just ideal.

My only real complaint with the Iron Man flick (and it was pretty much unavoidable) was that there wasn't a whole ton of action to it. It revolves very much around his development of the armor for a solid 80% of the movie, and the other 20% actually had him using it. Again, you have to show how and why he creates the armor, so it had to be done.

I think the second movie has tremendous potential to be even more enjoyable than the first if it's primarily revolved around Tony kicking ass for most of it. I'll have to see how The Dark Knight plays out (I'm guessing magnificently) but Iron Man 2 definitely has all the pieces in place to be one of the best sequels to any movie in quite some time.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
Aj_habfan said:
Snesboy said:
I thought Iron Man was excellent. Much better than Spidey 2 as for Batman Begins, I thought the original Batman movie was the best with each new movie decreasing in quality. Batman Begins was trash IMO

But yes, you should see Iron Man. It's effing sweet.
You honestly liked the 90's ones more? They were complete shit, especially compared to the new one.
Yes I liked the more. I am a 90's kid after all.
Batman and Batman Returns were both very good and then the quality just did a swan dive into an empty pool.  But I don't understand at ALL how you can say that the first two were much better than Batman Begins.  That movie was exquisite. 

Iron Man is nearly as good if not just as good as Batman Begins but it's a different type of movie. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I agree with what a few others have said. Bale was great as bruce wayne, but Robert Downey absolutely nails Tony Stark, and is incredibly entertaining. I didn't even mind the utter lack of action, just because he was that much fun to watch.

All and all, Batman Begins I think is better, but it beats spidey 2.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I liked Spiderman 2 but I think Iron Man is better. I mean, seriously, that movie was sick

I never saw Batman begins

9.0 out of 10

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Thanks for the input guys, so basically it seems to be Begins, then Iron Man than Spidey 2. I knew it couldn't be better than Begins, lol. And The Drak Knight is gonna be insane, I think it will set the benchmark for these comic movies.