By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Sony would have learned something from GTA IV debacle...?

Another negative thread about the PS3 from Noobe who would have thunk it?????

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
I mean A GAME that outsells THE HIGHEST SELLING games released on the platform almost in 1 week is meant to be a failure....riiiiiiiiight!!

thegame s a success and the author of this thread is clearly a fanboy...i just wanted to point out that an intereting thing is that 80% of sales come from US + UK: two markets where (given the userbase) x360 is more likely to see stronger SW sales in the medium-long term. 

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

All sony have learnt is that any good game shifts more sony systems than x360s. wekk done to microsoft for picking up the software win.

So when you think of it both have won and lost.

and i would not have it any other way because competition is good for the market

spectrum - i love how you ignor the fact that the 360 recieved a 62% increase...

not more of this noobie bullshit...

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
spectrum - i love how you ignor the fact that the 360 recieved a 62% increase...

sorry, i don't get how this 62% boost comes into the picture and becomes a factor...any hw boost will be over for both console in a matter of weeks.

GTAIV isn't the system seller that both PS3 or x360 fanboys were expecting...and ironically enough in the (supposed) "week of glory for the HD generation" the wii alone sold more than PS360 combined.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

I should have just locked this... locked...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453