By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV demonstrates HD console userbase desperation

TheRealMafoo said:
TheRealMafoo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
TheRealMafoo said:
I am not going to read all this (hell, I couldn't even get through the OP), but let me ask you all if this is right.

We have a post here, that took a Nintendo fan a very long time to think up and write, all in reaction to a game that seems to threaten Nintendo fans for some unknown reason, and he is calling HD console owners desperate?

Is it just me, or is that the pot calling the kettle black?

If you couldn't read all that, you really shouldn't comment on it. That's why I don't comment on GT IV itself, either good or bad, since I don't have it yet.

If he wasn't desperate, why post at all? That's a lot of time to post about something that really should have zero impact on him. Let the people who play the game enjoy the game, and you just continue to enjoy whatever it is you do.

desperate might not be the right word... probably closer to threatened.

I see you changed your post, making my reply not match up.

To replay to this comment of yours. I don't need to see all of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" to know it was a war movie. I am not commenting on what the OP is saying, I am commenting on why the OP is saying it.

It's a log post to try and justify in the OP's mind why this GTA4 phenomenon is happening. Somehow if they can classify something they don't understand into a derogatory reality, they can feel ok with themselves again.

I think this post has a lot more to do with the OP, then GTA. HD consoles, or Nintendo. It's something they wrote for there own benefit, and not really for anyone else.

To the OP. Don't overanalyze it, stop trying to figure out the psyche of gamers that don't think like you, and just enjoy playing whatever games you do enjoy playing. You will probably live a few years longer :)

I meant that if you didn't read the OP, you shouldn't try to assume you know the poster's intentions. The movie analgy here just means that you know the OP is discussing GTA IV and the reviews. You wouldn't know if the movie was any good, and you wouldn't know if the OP was any good. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

I meant that if you didn't read the OP, you shouldn't try to assume you know the poster's intentions. The movie analgy here just means that you know the OP is discussing GTA IV and the reviews. You wouldn't know if the movie was any good, and you wouldn't know if the OP was any good. 

So you are saying my assessment is wrong?

TheRealMafoo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

So you are saying my assessment is wrong?

If you didn't read the OP, then yes. Read it, make sure you don't have any assumptions about it's points, and then if it still strikes you as biased, then you can call it that.

I once bashed a show without seeing it. When I admitted that, one of the people I was talking to said, "Invalid!" to me. He was right. I had no business doing that. And it turned out I actually liked that show when I watched it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Hey Grey, you did a good job with this thread. It's saturday, and I need my daily dose of reading essays :D.

You make a lot of great points, and I agree with you. If you could skim your post from double negatives, that would be great, as a lot of people have made conclusions from something you didn't mean to say.

To everybody who didn't read the post, get the hell out of the thread. You have no reason whatsoever to be here, because all you do is answering to a person who answered to an idiot who answered to a dork etc. Read the OP, and get back on topic, it's a good discussion, and you shouldn't contribute to ruining it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

LordTheNightKnight said:
TheRealMafoo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

If you didn't read the OP, then yes. Read it, make sure you don't have any assumptions about it's points, and then if it still strikes you as biased, then you can call it that.

I once bashed a show without seeing it. When I admitted that, one of the people I was talking to said, "Invalid!" to me. He was right. I had no business doing that. And it turned out I actually liked that show when I watched it. 

That's different, I am not bashing the post, I am commenting on why it's here. If it makes you feel any better, I have read it, and stand by what I posted.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
TheRealMafoo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

That's different, I am not bashing the post, I am commenting on why it's here. If it makes you feel any better, I have read it, and stand by what I posted.

Then you do have reason to think those are his motives. Duh.

GREAT post OP. You pretty much summed up the situation in an articulate and intelligent manner.

@kingofwale, windbane, username2324, deviation59, TheRealMafoo

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT GTA IV
IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE'S REACTIONS TO THE GAME

THIS IS NOT ABOUT GAME QUALITY
THIS IS ABOUT FAN FOCUS IN OTHER DISCUSSIONS OF THE GAME

If you think otherwise, you're wrong. It doesn't matter what critisism you think is being said, cause their ISN'T ANY. This is a purely observational thread. If you continue to beat out that point, you will only end up making the OT look all the more applicable, because you ARE coming across as desperate to defend this game.

The reason I use desperate to describe you is because you are acting like GTA IV is being attacked, when anyone who actually reads the OP without a chip on their shoulder can see that your reactions to the post have nothing to do with what the OP was about, and on top of that, your efforts to defend the game involve attacking your imaginary opponent. When attack is your initial reaction it implies that you do so because you have nothing with which to defend your view, hence your only recourse is to attack any perceived threat right away.

LET GO OF THE CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER

I realize that it requires a certain amount of effort in order to properly understand the focus of my OP. If you go into it with a chip on your shoulder, you will end up inserting whatever it is you expect to hear, instead of what is actually there.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:

@kingofwale, windbane, username2324, deviation59, TheRealMafoo

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT GTA IV
IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE'S REACTIONS TO THE GAME

THIS IS NOT ABOUT GAME QUALITY
THIS IS ABOUT FAN FOCUS IN OTHER DISCUSSIONS OF THE GAME

GREY ACUMENT , THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT YOU ALTHOUGH  I HAVE CLEARY STATED YOUR NAME IN IT , IT HAS ABSOLOUTLEY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

MILLION, WHEN I MAKE A STORY AMOUNT MILLION'S CAT, IT IS ABOUT HIS CAT, EVEN THOUGH I CLEARY STATED THE NAME "MILLION" IN THE STORY.

When I mention GTA IV, it is merely to specify the people who are reviewing, commenting on and discussing the game. In other words, this is a story about GTA IV's cats, this is a story about cats, not about GTA IV.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her