By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crappy US PSN store

Tispower said:
sieanr said:
Europe is screwed over even worse Look up PS3 proxy ;)

agrees, I though Soy liked us :(

I guess not enough to get calling all cars

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Yeah, the Euro PS store really sucks. btw - sieanr, have you tried PS3 proxy with Vista? I can only get it to work with my XP machine, unfortunatly the XP machine isn't actually mine unlike the Vista machine so I can only use it when noone else is (which, in this household, isn't very often).

SamuelRSmith said:
Yeah, the Euro PS store really sucks. btw - sieanr, have you tried PS3 proxy with Vista? I can only get it to work with my XP machine, unfortunatly the XP machine isn't actually mine unlike the Vista machine so I can only use it when noone else is (which, in this household, isn't very often).

Vista is what I have been using it on.

Generally, it locks up when I start a download directly from my PC until I enable background DL and quit the store, then it works fine. I have yet to try the redirect download, so I cant speak of how that works in Vista.

Does it just stop responding in vista, or does the program fail to start at all?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

When I boot up PS3 Proxy it comes up with an error, something about a missing file. So I made sure all is extracted, I redownloaded the thing, and I reinstalled Framework 1.1, and still it throws the same error.

It's not all bad, using my XP machine I was able to crack Super Rub a Dub, and thats good enough for me. I guess I'm gonna have to wait for Warhawk to be finished *sighs*

Thats really odd. Try extracting it to a different directory, or even the desktop. Also make sure you're using the most recent version, and I'm sure the framwork version needed for vista is different than xp - but I think framework is only needed for the DNS software. Outside of that, get on PS3 hacks forum and start looking around to see if anyone has similar issues. If not, explain you're problem and see if anyone has the solution.