By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Online problems lately?

I am under the impression that since the arrival of the Americans the Mario Kart Online Service cannot cope with the heavier traffic quite well. There have been too many instances where these 3 things have happened to me lately: 1. The race finishes before the end of the 3rd lap complete with added achievement points up to the moment of the sudden finish. 2. It disconnects me from the other players forcing me to start from the earth screen. 3. Sometimes won't let me connect although my connection is fine and for example, the opera internet channel works well. Mario Kart online is certainly a big addiction! I've enjoyed it greatly so far. But these issues of late trouble me. Has anyone else experienced the last few days the same problems? p.s.: Sorry for my English. I'm not a native speaker :)

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

Around the Network

I didn't notice it getting worse since the American launch, but since yesterday I can rarely get a connection. Once I get it, it works fine lag-wise. However, I got disconnected twice, at which point I had to go through painful re-attempts to connect again...

I hope this gets solved soon.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Hopefully all the problems will work out by the time I get it this Saturday. Can't wait!
So, just to be sure. The game has little lag online? Because I don't have the best connection in the world.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Well I've tried the online once since I got the game on Tuesday evening (In Canada here) and although I've experienced great races, in the short time I've been online all three things you mentioned have happened to me (I was playing regional, not worldwide).

On the plus side, when the race ended in the middle of the first lap, it gave me a first place even though I wasn't first when it ended!

I hope it's just a temporary thing because other than that the online races are really thrilling!

Signature goes here!

I couldn't get on at all last night

Around the Network

Actually it's COMPLETELY lag-free running at 60 fps wonderfully in 1 player to 11 internet users online. Even with the above-mentioned issues of late.

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

I only tried it online once (I actually don't own the game, but we were using my console), worldwide match, with 3 people in Europe, 2 people on my console (NA), and a guy (or girl) in Japan, and we played for maybe an hour before we got a disconnect error. But there wasn't any lag period. We didn't bother to get back online because we were basically done playing anyway.

Had problems from the day I bought it. Was always always getting disconnected. Blamed Nintendo but turned out was cause I hadn't changed my broadband channel. When I did that was fine for a week. Never got disconnected or had problems getting connected apart from twice during the euro gp on tuesday when i misteriously got disconnected from the 1st and last grand prix. But yesterday I could barely get a connection at all so think must be something to do with the game launching in america.

One thing I discovered yesterday - it might be easier to get 12 player races if you do continental only races. When I try wide I usually end up with anything from 5 to 12 racers but hardly ever 12. but I always ended up with 12 when I tried Continental only yesterday. although to be fair it seemed to always be the same 12 people. But might be that people tend to select continental only more than worldwide so better to choose that. Will have to explore more.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

yea I kept getting disconnected last night during middle of races losing my VR points >.> !

I found its good, at least until yesterday. The battle mode seems get some lagging though, I was seeing my opponents warped when I tried to shoot him. And it's happening frequently.