By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video comparison for GTA IV between PS3 and 360 by IGN

here is the link to video,,,

http://www.rockstarwatch.net/news/469/IGN-Compares-GTAIV-for-the-PS3-and-360/

X360 looks abit grainy to me but I could be wrong

What do you think?I think he is right at the end.

Around the Network

the link doesnt work

EDIT: nevermind it works now 

It'd be nice if the video quality was better - without the tags, I don't think I could have differentiated between the two other than making a guess at the colors every once in a while.

Yea, the quality of the video as well as the size of it doesn't really make it able to tell a difference apart from the usual 360 is a little darker and the PS3 is a little lighter. Whats worse is that both PS3 and 360 versions aren't doing the exact same thing so that makes it even harder for a couple of parts in the video. They could have at least tried to do more side by side stuff in my opinion.

One thing I noticed was more warmth for the PS3 version in the bowling alley part of the video and looking at the floor in both screens showed this.

I would say it was a fair review. I havn't played it yet since...it isn't out yet, but yeah. He didn't include downloadable content i was surprised on that. To me that is still a big part of it. I will still get it for ps3 though since i do prefer the dualshock/sixaxis layout

Edit: Agreed ^ watched the video again to check the stuff and yeah. I saw it clearly after you said it.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:

I would say it was a fair review. I havn't played it yet since...it isn't out yet, but yeah. He didn't include downloadable content i was surprised on that. To me that is still a big part of it. I will still get it for ps3 though since i do prefer the dualshock/sixaxis layout

Edit: Agreed ^ watched the video again to check the stuff and yeah. I saw it clearly after you said it.

If you were quoting me, another pass through the video looks like it was just weather like I was guessing and I've edited my post to reflect that.

Also, for whatever reason, the PS3's multiplayer isn't running yet (Kotaku said so in one of their latest posts) so the part with the 360's multiplayer gameplay bothers me. Why show some footage of the PS3 (helicopter flying) or the 360 (multiplayer) if they don't know a clip of the other console doing the same thing? 

So much unnecessary talking and endless blah blah blah, and when it comes to the real matter (the so caled video comparison) no one mentions anything.
Ahhh, this site and all the sites i can think of is overrun by Sony's Boys. Easy to make a 300 post thread about how superior PS3 version (grapically speaking) is, but when a thread is up with the actual video that shows that honestly, except from colour and brightness adjustments that you can fix from your f TV for gods sake, there is NO actual difference (er..... there is. DLC and multiplayer), no one shows up.
Pathetic. I hope you spend your gaming time with GTAIV counting and compering the number of pop ups and pop in. I'll try to spend it in a more creative way.

Already posted by me, and rocketpig close the thread.

mM
leo-j said:
Already posted by me, and rocketpig close the thread.

you have the appologies of the mod team

anyways, I agree with the video, colorwise since you can change it who cares. The PS3 looks better thanks to the AA. 

still I agree with the conclusion, get the game on what console your friends will play the multiplayer on the most (if you own both consoles).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Can't we all be friends? GTA IV is on the Playstation 3. GTA IV is on the Xbox 360. GTA IV looks great on the Xbox 360. GTA IV looks great on the Playstation 3.

Both games are great burgers with different sauces on them. Do you want honey BBQ or chipotle?