By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hey, been a while but I'm back.

So my birthday is coming up and I figured I'd fill out my console portfolio and get the last game I'm straggling on this generation the PSP. I do have to admit to you though, I know very little about the thing except it functions like a multimedia device(I'm not really interested in that at all.)

I was wondering if the good poeple at Vgchartz could point me in the direction of a few good RPG's and quirky games. I like things a little offbeat*hugs my copy of Elebits* People mostly point me to Crisis core and a bunch of games I've got no interest in, racing or FPS things of that sort.

So can anybody help me out? I've been mulling this around for a week or two and can't seem to find much on my own to validate wanting the system yet I want it for reasons I cannot explain. Chances are good there's dozens of game on the PSP I have no idea ever existed and odds of me finding them aren't exactly high so any help can be useful.

TY 

Around the Network

welcome back

Daxter
MGS: PO+
Patapon
Jeanne D'Arc

Those are the games that make me want a PSP. Jeanne D'Arc is an SRPG made by Level 5, and Patapon is a very unique rhythm based game. They seem like the ones that would suit your tastes more.

Other RPGs I can think of (not sure if they're good, I'm still new to JRPGs, lol):

Star Ocean 1/2 remakes
Crisis Core: FFVII
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

how about Rachet?

I dont have a psp so my suggestion is worthless but 'Dead Head Fred' looks like a fun unique game for the PsP

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

Crush (puzzle, quirky)
Lumines I and II (puzzle)
Brave Story (JRPG)
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (SRPG)
Locoroco (quirky)
God of War (action)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (action/adventure)
Wipeout Pure/Pulse (futuristic racing)
Puzzle Quest (puzzle)
Mega Man Powered Up (platformer)
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (JRPG)
Monster Hunter (action RPG)
Gurumin (action RPG)
Every Extend Extra (puzzle/shooter)
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (platformer/adventure)
Silent Hill: Origins (survival horror)
Tekken: Dark Resurrection (fighter)
Guilty Gear Judgement (fighter)
and everything Makingmusic mentioned. Dead Head Fred is supposed to be entertaining too.

That's a good collection of RPG, SRPG, Action, Adventure, Fighting, Puzzle and quirky games.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!