By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions - When Will PS3 overtake 360 WW?

2259 will be the year the PS3 overtakes the Xbox 360 because thats the last, best hope for victory if we go by Babylon 5. (Unfortunately they will also say that in 2260 as well, and probably 2261 though im not 100% sure!)

Tease.

Around the Network

When the 360 dies/720 is released.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
When the 360 dies/720 is released.

That or in a two month range of it. I think MS is trying to stay ahead of the game now. The nextbox is probably going to be a PC based (from developers standpoints) system again, with more power. The basic design is set. They are just gonna ride the 360 as long as possible to build the "brand" around the world. This is the plan for the future for MS (all your base are belong to us), to intergrate into everyday life. Entertainment + Function + Ease + I can't live without you = world domination.

In other words, here is what it is going to be like.

"Night hony, I set the nextbox for tomorrow. We will get the kids up and dressed at 6:30 (eggs and toast for breakfast) and spongebob will be on."

Dark Chaos said:
AaronSOLDIER said:

Either Q4 09 or Q1 10

I'll go with Q4

LOL!!

Is this Crazzyman???

LOL!! Not funny

Seriously, the PS3 has a far better exclusive lineup this year, a price cut would help but even if it doesnt get one, it'll likely see better sales. I mean look at the overall gap right now - 30K WW between 360 and PS3, without any big releases.

AaronSOLDIER said:
Dark Chaos said:
AaronSOLDIER said:

Either Q4 09 or Q1 10

I'll go with Q4

LOL!!

Is this Crazzyman???

LOL!! Not funny

Seriously, the PS3 has a far better exclusive lineup this year, a price cut would help but even if it doesnt get one, it'll likely see better sales. I mean look at the overall gap right now - 30K WW between 360 and PS3, without any big releases.

Wait so you were serious????

Around the Network

And this is why I never post - the amount of fanboyism on here is pathetic!

Its a prediction - learn to respect that whether you agree or disagree FFS

ps3 will never overtake 360

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

AaronSOLDIER said:

It's not fanboyism. It's just that your prediction assumes that the PS3 will suddenly start outselling the 360 by 800,000 a month starting.... NOW. Considering it's not even selling 800,000 a month, period... outselling by that much seems rather... fanboyish.

He thought you were joking because making a Q4 2009 prediction for PS3 to overtake the 360 is like predicting the Detroit Lions to go undefeated this year. Some predictions are valid, and some are validly laughable...

Squilliam said:
2259 will be the year the PS3 overtakes the Xbox 360 because thats the last, best hope for victory if we go by Babylon 5. (Unfortunately they will also say that in 2260 as well, and probably 2261 though im not 100% sure!)

But... but.... that paints out Sony to be the good guys. That can't be right. You've had too much bravari...

AaronSOLDIER said:

This is not a prediction. A prediction is logical and has some sense behind it. This is a SONY fanboy's wet dream