By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If FF VII was downloadable on the PSP, how much memory would it take?

I was hoping someday FFVII will be downloadable to the PSP, but was remembering, that would be alot of memory because the original took 3 CDs!!! how much memory do you think it would take to download the entire game on your PSP?

Around the Network

With the current compression methods i think it could be done in half the size, like 1GB.

They could compress it.

A regular iso would just be around 500 megs for the first disc but thats all you'll need until you get up to the second disc then you delete the first disc's data.

screw downloadable, I want REMAKE.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@kingofwale

Yeah after Fabula Nova Crystalis is complete we may get a FF7 remake, so my grandchildren will be able to enjoy this marvelous game.

Considering they share a lot of common data (world map, etc) I bet they could compress the 3 Discs into about a gig.

Remake would be sweet; and I'm pretty positive there will be cuz of Advent Children. Though I'd assume PS3 would be the system for it.

Plus have you seen the secret ending of "Dirge of Cerberus", where Genesis wakes up? Another point of Crisis Core could easily have been to introduce Genesis, and set him up as a villain in a FF7:2 (a real sequel, not the bullshit movie/Dirge of Cerberus).

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I really want a remake, but FFVII: Crisis Core is doing fine for me right now.

The entire game could fit on one CD, actually. It was the FMV clips which made a third disk necessary.

Desroko said:
The entire game could fit on one CD, actually. It was the FMV clips which made a third disk necessary.

Well, yeah, but it's not like the FMV's have mysteriously disappeared over the years. They're part of the game.

And no, don't say ''you could rip them''. They're part of the game, advance the story, and are integral to plot (consider the ending FMV).
We know the FMV's take up massive amounts of space, it's just that we also know, rerelease, remake or otherwise, they aren't going anywhere. It's Square, after all.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.