By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Bashing Week Still In Full Effect

I can feel the wii losing steam in the future.

Around the Network

Wow, amazing how they feel so threatened by what they think is insignificant anyway.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I actually thought this article was OK. It was just his opinion and no facts, but he was clear about that. And he didn't try to pull any false numbers/half truths out of his ass like is par for the course.

how does he know that the "novelty" of MK and fit will wear off. i think both of those games will be being played for quite some time.
also, im really sick of hearing people say "all of my friends never play their wii's anymore" to prove that the wii is novelty. he may only know 2 people with wiis, and hes using that to account for 25 million people! does anyone else see how stupid that is?

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

*bleu-ocelot* said:
I can feel the wii losing steam in the future.

Waht you really wanted to say was that you hope the Wii will lose steam in the future and I wish you good luck with that hope.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Yeah the wii sucks! wait......... this isn't a wii bash thread................?

I think the Wii is actually the best looking console this gen, Ipod rip-off glossy white is actually really cool still and the blue led lights put it over the competition. Xbox 360 convex shape is pretty cool but it looks more like some discarded military experiment then anything else. And well the PS3 looks like a giant spaceship...

As for the "value for money" and "360/ps3 has more tech packed in", the author obviously failed economics at any education level, seriously, has anyone in the history of business done anything that was solely for the benefit of their consumer? It's called supply and demand. People demand more wii's and the price remains stable, falls in demand of 360 and ps3 results in price falls.

e.g Apple expects people to pay $1000 more for a macbook then what they'd pay for a Windows Laptop with the same tech. Clothing brands expect people to pay premiums for clothes that were made in the same sweatshops as market clothes but just with a brand tag slapped onto it.

As for the odd good game, I tend to agree with him/her there. My wii time is mostly spent playing the next big in-house nintendo game, otherwise it gets very little attention (Raving Rabbids probably being the only exception i can think of). It's not the Wii's fault though, lack of 3rd party support (as in good games 3rd party support) is the issue, it's slowly getting fixed but it's not like the SNES and PS2 who both had immense 3rd party love at launch.

The only game I'm playing now is Mario Kart on the Wii (hasn't been turned on since I finished Mario Galaxy in January) and I was hoping it'd be another great nintendo game to make up for the lack of quality titles, but sadly while it's a good game and certainly not the worst in the series, it doesn't live up to MP3, SMG and TP. They made a near perfect formula on the DS, then had to go and dumb it down for the casuals on the Wii.

I don't get it, DS is easily the most casual friendly console out there (It actually has good casual games) and it managed to have huge success with Mario Kart DS even with it's two tier gameplay structure (snake or not to snake), why couldn't they keep it with Mario kart Wii.

I wonder if he knows how obvious it is he is completely blinded by hate, and no one but other passionite anti-wii activist will take him seriously

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Formula for writing a Wii Bash article.

1. Have Bias against Nintendo Wii (Check)
2. Analyze facts in as negative a way as possible (Check)
3. Have friends (or know people who have friends) that don't play Wii anymore. (Check)
4 Use lost of anecdotal evidence from small populations. (Check)
5. Make sure everyone knows how much better tech is in 360/PS3. (Check)
6. Complain about shovelware (Check)
7. Make fun of waggling your arms to play it. (Check)
8. Use a lot of stupid analogies. (Triple Check)

Yep, sounds like all the bases are covered here.

thanny said:
also, im really sick of hearing people say "all of my friends never play their wii's anymore" to prove that the wii is novelty. he may only know 2 people with wiis, and hes using that to account for 25 million people! does anyone else see how stupid that is?

Didn't you know that anecdotes are the new facts?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

This guys should be banned from the internet, there is no way they are serious, I mean, a 3 year old kid can write a lot better than this s***heads.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies