By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Madden '08 for the wii - Features revealed

Im buying this! i loved Madden 07, was immense fun! but with online play itll be even better! woop

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
....So it's basically getting everything Madden 07 had for the 360? Sweet! The only new additions are the use if Miis. The 08/09 roster updates are most likely going to be on all systems.

Actually most likely all the 22 minigames will be Wii-exclusive, consideering the last madden for Wii had that.  This is great, Im a huge madden loser and Madden 07 for the Wii is great. If the only exclusive the Wii ever got was simply the EXTREMELY well-done motion based controls, Id be happy.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

mrstickball said:
...EA, the biggest western 3rd party...

Dude, EA isn't the "biggest western 3rd party" It's the biggest party, period. East or west, 1st or 3rd, EA is the biggest game developer. 2nd is Activision, and I think 3rd is Ubisoft.

I thought Nintendo's sales were well above and beyond anyone but EAs... Anyway, they'll probably charge a good deal for the '09 roster update which is why they're willing to give it.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Nice features. Might actually be the first Madden I pick up... not. Good for other Wii owners getting this game, though.

Around the Network

over the last few years, EA have sold more games than any other developer, worldwide. Nintendo was number 2. (Nintendo outsells everyone in Japan and comes second in US) recently, that may have changed with DS and Wii killing all competition. No way Ubisoft and Activision beat Nintendo

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
over the last few years, EA have sold more games than any other developer, worldwide. Nintendo was number 2. (Nintendo outsells everyone in Japan and comes second in US) recently, that may have changed with DS and Wii killing all competition. No way Ubisoft and Activision beat Nintendo

I stand corrected, forgot about Nintendo ;)

Nintendo is back to being the #1 game publisher in the world again, for all intents and purposes. I may eventually pick up a Madden for Wii... Probably not this year though, as I'll have plenty of other titles, and Madden should only get more features and better graphics in the future. Sounds like they're not holding anything back for the Wii version this year (despite the fact that it will be the #3 best-selling version) which is awesome. I do have Madden 2000 for the N64, but haven't touched the franchise since then.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said:
 Sounds like they're not holding anything back for the Wii version this year (despite the fact that it will be the #3 best-selling version) which is awesome.

I don't know, the PS3 Madden 07 didn't outsell the Wii version by all that much.  That was when the PS3 was also close to the Wii in console sales.  With the Wii likely having a greater than 2:1 advantage I wouldn't be surprised if Madden 08 clearly outsells the PS3 version and even does well compared to the 360 version (in the 50-70% range).  The fact that EA is giving the Wii version everything except whatever bells and wistles Live has and that EA should have corrected the few control issues from 07 would seem to indicate the Wii version should will better this time attach rate-wise vs. the PS3 and 360.

albionus said:
Erik Aston said:
Sounds like they're not holding anything back for the Wii version this year (despite the fact that it will be the #3 best-selling version) which is awesome.

I don't know, the PS3 Madden 07 didn't outsell the Wii version by all that much. That was when the PS3 was also close to the Wii in console sales. With the Wii likely having a greater than 2:1 advantage I wouldn't be surprised if Madden 08 clearly outsells the PS3 version and even does well compared to the 360 version (in the 50-70% range). The fact that EA is giving the Wii version everything except whatever bells and wistles Live has and that EA should have corrected the few control issues from 07 would seem to indicate the Wii version should will better this time attach rate-wise vs. the PS3 and 360.

The PS3 version will look much better and likely play better, unless they improve the motion controls.  Is the Wii going to get NCAA Football?  I like that game much better.