By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Madden '08 for the wii - Features revealed

http://www.gamewad.com/a-wii-bit-of-madden-08-details-3637-p.html A few new details have emerged about the Wii version of EA's newest addition to the mega-franchise that is Madden football. Madden 08 on the Wii will include the following features: * Real-time ESPN ticker updates * Online tournaments * Worldwide quickplay multiplayer matches * Promised roster updates not just for the 2008 season, but 2009 as well * Mini-game party mode, with 22 mini-games * Miis are used in minigames That sure is a lot of online stuff for the Wii, which has thus far shied away from actually using the internet in games. Also, Miis are going to be of at least some use, which is nice to see. But the biggest piece of info, to me at least, is the promise of two years-worth of roster updates. Since when does EA give gamers a reason NOT to buy their yearly incremental update of sports titles?

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network

holy shit dude thats gona be awsome!!

....So it's basically getting everything Madden 07 had for the 360? Sweet! The only new additions are the use if Miis. The 08/09 roster updates are most likely going to be on all systems.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It is sweet, actually. It shows that Wii owners aren't going to get shafted on online content by third parties. It's been a concern of mine for a while that third parties wouldn't spend the development time on online features for Wii versions of cross-platform games.

mrstickball said:
....So it's basically getting everything Madden 07 had for the 360? Sweet! The only new additions are the use if Miis. The 08/09 roster updates are most likely going to be on all systems.

Don't forget about Wii controls which no other system has. They worked pretty darn good for Madden 07, and there's definetly room for improvement.

Around the Network

What more could EA do with the Madden 08 controls? Better yet, what are they doing with the better series: NCAA Football 08? Madden isn't that great (imo) anymore, atleast compared to NCAA. Hopefully the devs work on NCAA more than they have. It certainly is a good thing that EA, the biggest western 3rd party, is putting multiplayer functionality onto Madden. However, I question if this is a real, meaningful trend, or just a paperthin offering, and only the largest-selling franchises will get that kind of treatment. Hopefully, the Wii owners can experience the joys of online play for every EA Sports game out there.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I and my other local wii friends are getting this on launch. This and SSB will consume my online competition.

start useing round balls and call it soccer, I find Madden games more complicated than Civ, does the pigskin go through the fieldgoal or over the line ???? some people here are starting to get in to football but I have my problems finding soccer interesting outside of big turnaments, why is there no Mario Football yet ??? that I would play

Very cool. This may be the first Madden I buy since 04.

I was thinking about picking up Madden 07, as it's not too bad on price ($30 instead of $50). However, I think I just decided to wait... Madden 08 sounds much better, even if it's going to cost more... Will this be the first third party to use Miis?