By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 NOT PS3 exclusive?

According to this link:

http://capostatus1988.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=99158

is MGS4 not a PS3 exclusive. Following the history of games MGS was since the Playstation debute never an exclusive (so far as I know MGS1 --> PS, PC; MGS2 --> PS2,XBOX,PC).

In my opinion this would mean that the PS3 will die. There is no game left which is an killer application for the PS3.

My only hope is FFXIII but when I think of the really bad FXII there is no game left worth to buy a PS3.

What is your opinion? Do think MGS4 comes to other consoles? Is this the deadly blow for the PS3?

Around the Network

This is thread number 485 about this...

Can we stop with these threads already? There was one yesterday about the exact same thing. These articles cite nothing but rumors as sources. Maybe we can revisit this when some facts are presented.

Metal Gear Solid 4 isn't that big of an exclusive. The sales of the franchise don't compare to powerhouses like Grand Theft Auto, for example. However, I doubt it will remain exclusive. Kojima says a lot of things. He said it would be pointless to port Metal Gear to a Nintendo console, then he did. He will probably enjoy having more general purpose CPU power (three times as much) and more fill rate on the Xbox 360 when compared with the PS3.

Talk about it in another thread, sorry.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )