By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

firebush03 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Looks fine for me. Basically a Switch Pro

Anyone can give insight on its specs ?

Copied from Zippy6’s post earlier in the thread:

SoC: GMLX30-R-A1
Ram: 12gb LPDDR5X 7500MT/s  (MT62F768M64D4EK-026 (6GX2 dual channel, LPDDR5X, 7500 MT/s))
Storage: 256gb UFS 3.1, 2100MB/s  (THGJFGT1E45BAILHW0 manufactured by Kaixia)

Not sure if this is what you were looking for? I’m admittedly not informed at all when it comes to gaming system specs.

Exactly that thanks! 

I was expecting a bit more from storage, with the size of current gen games I doubt we could save more than 4 or 5 AAA games. RAM is REALLY great, Series S has 10 GB 

No idea of how strong is the SoCl though 

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Previous comparisons have been to the RTX 2050 Mobile. Basically it's going to be a bit below the Series S. It does have more ram than the Series S though so that should help with ports.

It has the same memory speed as the ROG Ally X and the GPU is probably around that ballpark too. So for rough expectations something like that.

Thanks.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Zippy6 said:
DroidKnight said:

The only thing I understand in there is the Ram and storage. Â I would be interested if someone knows how this compares to other hardware.

Previous comparisons have been to the RTX 2050 Mobile. Basically it's going to be a bit below the Series S. It does have more ram than the Series S though so that should help with ports.

Damn a bit bellow Series S would make me buy it as soon as I finish to build my next PC, as long Nintendo make it BC and improve the performance of base Switch games 

I was expecting maybe delaying the purchase for some good 3 or 4 years, but this performance would be too good to ignore. Would easily become my primary console to third parties, except the cinematic ones that really push graphics

Hopefully it won't be over 450 USD 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Zippy6 said:

Damn a bit bellow Series S would make me buy it as soon as I finish to build my next PC, as long Nintendo make it BC and improve the performance of base Switch games 

I was expecting maybe delaying the purchase for some good 3 or 4 years, but this performance would be too good to ignore. Would easily become my primary console to third parties, except the cinematic ones that really push graphics

Hopefully it won't be over 450 USD 

I'm hoping that this 256gb model is $399 and maybe they do a bigger storage model for a bit more. If it's $499 for this base model I would be disappointed but not outrageously shocked.

From what I'm seeing, the T239 specs are supposed to be 10 times greater than the Tegra X1 in the Switch, but that doesn't seem to be 100% confirmed. It is definitely a generational leap, which is what was really necessary. Switch 2 is going to be a beast. Hopefully they can keep the price down even with these specs. Ideally, it should be cheaper than the Steam Deck.

Around the Network
h2ohno said:

From what I'm seeing, the T239 specs are supposed to be 10 times greater than the Tegra X1 in the Switch, but that doesn't seem to be 100% confirmed. It is definitely a generational leap, which is what was really necessary. Switch 2 is going to be a beast. Hopefully they can keep the price down even with these specs. Ideally, it should be cheaper than the Steam Deck.

It will be a cut down version.

Do people actually download switch games? I would only buy carts and therefore could not give a damn about a lot of storage.

DroidKnight said:

The only thing I understand in there is the Ram and storage.  I would be interested if someone knows how this compares to other hardware.

The GPU itself in this Orin version is about the same as an RTX 2050, a laptop GPU that is actually Ampere-based despite the name. Actual performance will be heavily contingent on clock speeds, which in turn depend on heat/power consumption and the manufacturing node.

Standard RTX 2050s usually run at 30-40W TDP but the Switch 1 consumes no more than 20W of power for the whole system. However, we know the Switch 2 power supply will be about 60% larger than the Switch 1's, according to the leaks from Famiboards, and it could be manufactured in a different, more recent node, too.

h2ohno said:

It's not going to be cheaper than the LCD steam deck which starts from $349. Heck valve are currently selling the 512gb one for $336 on sale.

I'd put it at closer to 5x the power than 10x. But it's still a nice leap.

Random_Matt said:

Do people actually download switch games? I would only buy carts and therefore could not give a damn about a lot of storage.

Do you think games are still going to run off slow carts on the next generation? I expect installations will be mandatory. I very much doubt we'll have Switch 2 games running off 60-100MB/s carts with other consoles using 2400MB/s and 5500MB/s SSD's, at the very least *some* games will require installing to faster storage.