Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft: Tencent, Guillemot Family Weighing Buyout

Assassin Creed Shadows will...

Succeed 16 29.63%

Fail 19 35.19%

Sell well but fail to meet expectations 16 29.63%

Other.. 3 5.56%

Total:54
BasilZero said:

Its an AC game, it'll be successful but probably not as popular review wise or sell as much as the big popular ones.

Idk, with Ghost of Yotei the same year and probably early too...idk. could eat into sales. We could see an AC game sell less than 7 or 8 million again. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

My god.

Gonna be honest, that makes me wanna buy.
If the stock is dipping that low, then it'll probably bounce back at some point, even if it takes a while.

Last edited by psychicscubadiver - 6 days ago

psychicscubadiver said:
LegitHyperbole said:

My god.

If the stock is dipping that low, then it'll probably bounce back at some point, then if it takes a while.

Oh God knows. I wouldn't buy that even if I had the money. 

LegitHyperbole said:
psychicscubadiver said:

If the stock is dipping that low, then it'll probably bounce back at some point, then if it takes a while.

Oh God knows. I wouldn't buy that even if I had the money. 

even if its low.... I could see it dropping alot more.
Hell I wouldn't even rule out, Ubisoft going under.

The spent like 650-850$ million on Skull and Bones.
Its a gigantic flop.

XDefiant, another flop.

They then have Starwars Outlaws.... that sold maybe only 1million copies or so.
Which for a title of that size, has to be another huge loss.

Assasin Creeds Shadows, was looking really rough in gameplay, even ignoreing all the drama about Yasuke, and how historically accurate it is or not (it isnt). The game looked like it would play poorly. They delayed it because they dont want another Starwars Outlaws situation.

The money sink, is crazy.... Ubisoft don't exactly have a war chest like Nintendo.
You can't just lose a billion here and there, and still be fine.

People are just tossing out any old budget numbers nowadays...

• Concord $400m.
  • Skull and Bones $850m.

Lol. Don't believe everything you read.

Ubisoft earned a net profit of $171.6 million in its fiscal year to the end of March 2024, Skull and Bones released February 2024. If it was that massive of a bomb then it would have been noted. Development was lead by Singapore (salaries would have been lower) and were subsidised by the government of Singapore. Endymion is the only source, I've literally never heard of this dude until I started seeing him ranting about WOKE and DEI. He looks your average rage-bait YouTube channel.

CNBC, an actual reputable site, listed the reported budget at $200m though I don't know if that's their sources or what.

Saying $650m-850m is a wide ass range too, Lol.

Yes, Skull and Bones obviously flopped, but you don't have to believe every grifting YouTuber and so claimed "insider" that you come across, wait for someone with actual reputation to state it, Colin doesn't have a decent track-record either and multiple journalists already countered his claim on Concord's budget and Tbh, I can't see how that budget is true unless they're counting acquisition costs for some reason.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 2 days ago

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

• Concord $400m.
  • Skull and Bones $850m.

Ubisoft earned a net profit of $171.6 million in its fiscal year to the end of March 2024, Skull and Bones released February 2024. If it was that massive of a bomb then it would have been noted. Development was lead by Singapore (salaries would have been lower) and were subsidised by the government of Singapore. Endymion is the only source, I've literally never heard of this dude until I started seeing him ranting about WOKE and DEI. He looks your average rage-bait YouTube channel.

CNBC, an actual reputable site, listed the reported budget at $200m though I don't know if that's their sources or what.

Yes, Skull and Bones obviously flopped, but you don't have to believe every grifting YouTuber and so claimed "insider" that you come across, wait for someone with actual reputation to state it, Colin doesn't have a decent track-record either and multiple journalists already countered his claim on Concord's budget and Tbh, I can't see how that budget is true unless they're counting acquisition costs for some reason.

I believe Colin on the 400 million. He does is homework and is extremely cautious of his brand and reputation. He didn't have to speak on what his scource from within the studio was telling him but that he did, I'd trust him fully. 

850 million is wild and I'd want official numbers on that but ya know, it is the first "Quadruple A" game. Who knows what kind of budget a AAAA needs. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Ryuu96 said:

• Concord $400m.
  • Skull and Bones $850m.

I believe Colin on the 400 million. He does is homework and is extremely cautious of his brand and reputation. He didn't have to speak on what his scource from within the studio was telling him but that he did, I'd trust him fully. 

850 million is wild and I'd want official numbers on that but ya know, it is the first "Quadruple A" game. Who knows what kind of budget a AAAA needs. 

I don't believe Colin nor do I think he really cares much about his "brand" or "reputation" and thus I wait for further confirmation, I feel like lately everyone is an insider and everyone is so quick to believe everything from anyone. Reputable journalists verify their information with multiple sources before posting about it, Colin does not do that, relying on only one source is extremely risky.

The $400m sounds ridiculous, that is more than Spider-Man 2 and around Red Dead Redemption 2's budget. Also his source may be "ironclad" but his source could also be wrong, just because a developer works at the studio doesn't mean they know the budget of the videogame and it seems he only has a single source, I don't have a clue if this source is in the know on the budget. I don't buy that something as undercooked and under-content as Concord cost $400m unless they're for whatever reason counting acquisition costs.

Multiple people have refuted it, nobody has backed Colin up.

Employee at Naughty Dog.

Christopher Dring of GamesIndustry Biz and Tom Warren of The Verge

Daniel Ahmed is not really disputing it but clearly mocking those who believe it too.

Ethan of Kotaku

And that Skull and Bones budget is literally one grifting Youtuber...Why are we so quick to believe anyone now? Would you believe me if I said I know Cyberpunk 4's budget is $1bn from my "source" who works at CDPR? That $850m is actually insane, one of the biggest budgeted games probably ever? Skull and Bones? Doubt.

Omega Boost Remake is taking so long because Sony is spending 1 trillion dollars to make a real mech! This is according to some random YouTuber who once worked at Gamespot as a maintenance man. So he's an insider!

Last edited by Leynos - 2 days ago

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Omega Boost Remake is taking so long because Sony is spending 1 trillion dollars to make a real mech! This is according to some random YouTuber who once worked at Gamespot as a maintenance man. So he's an insider!

I hate insider culture nowadays cause it's feels like they're popping up everywhere and everyone is so quick to believe anyone saying any old shit, Lol It actually makes me think how easy it would be for me to set up a YouTube channel and start grifting people with "my insider sources" I always try to use my own common sense and then make note of peoples accuracy but it's too much nowadays, there's just too damn many.

If it turns out I'm wrong then fair enough I will own up to it but I'm not just going to believe anyone just because they say they have sources. Jason Schreier is about the only dude who I will believe with 100% certainty cause he has proven himself as a legendary reporter, then there's others I have a good amount of faith in but even they can be wrong too.

Real talk though my sources say Jet Set Radio Remake will cost $600m cause Sega knows JSR is GOATed and they're throwing everything at it!

Ryuu96 said:
Leynos said:

I hate insider culture nowadays cause it's feels like they're popping up everywhere and everyone is so quick to believe anyone saying any old shit, Lol It actually makes me think how easy it would be for me to set up a YouTube channel and start grifting people with "my insider sources" I always try to use my own common sense and then make note of peoples accuracy but it's too much nowadays, there's just too damn many.

If it turns out I'm wrong then fair enough I will own up to it but I'm not just going to believe anyone just because they say they have sources. Jason Schreier is about the only dude who I will believe with 100% certainty cause he has proven himself as a legendary reporter, then there's others I have a good amount of faith in but even they can be wrong too.

Real talk though my sources say Jet Set Radio Remake will cost $600m cause Sega knows JSR is GOATed and they're throwing everything at it!

The first time I remember something like this caused a massive uproar and pitchforks came out in a certain community. Kikizo website. "insider" claimed Shenmue III was in development for "Next Gen console" in 2005. Everyone was so happy me included at first. Then was found to be bullshit. Dude lost all credability. Divided the community for a while.  Now like you say there is no accountability. It's lame.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!