By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

Random fan theory based on nothing with zero evidence
I believe the PS5 Pro video was originally 1-2 min longer with showing comparisons for Concord but it was cut which delayed the video a few days lol

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It still blows my mind that this is a mid-gen refresh rather than an actual next-gen device at this price. I wasn't expecting this kind of price point until gen 10 at the earliest.

I wonder how much the console playerbase will start to diminish as time goes on as people just start getting priced out of console gaming. What was once an affordable plug and play solution compared to PC gaming is quickly becoming an ultra luxury hobby for many.

Leynos said:

Random fan theory based on nothing with zero evidence
I believe the PS5 Pro video was originally 1-2 min longer with showing comparisons for Concord but it was cut which delayed the video a few days lol

That would be fucking hilarious. I choose to believe that's exactly what happened xD

Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that we're even having to compare the price of console to a gaming PC? Doesn't matter the price difference, but just the fact that they're getting so close in price that there are already those defending the price because "you can't get a gaming PC for the same price as the PS5 Pro" It was just performance comparisons this whole time. Now we're having to compare performance AND price.

Before I was starting to wonder how soon before physical games are no longer a thing. Now I'm starting to wonder how long consoles in general will be a thing if prices keep going up the way they are lol. There's little to no way the next generation of consoles won't start at $700.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that we're even having to compare the price of console to a gaming PC? Doesn't matter the price difference, but just the fact that they're getting so close in price that there are already those defending the price because "you can't get a gaming PC for the same price as the PS5 Pro" It was just performance comparisons this whole time. Now we're having to compare performance AND price.

Before I was starting to wonder how soon before physical games are no longer a thing. Now I'm starting to wonder how long consoles in general will be a thing if prices keep going up the way they are lol. There's little to no way the next generation of consoles won't start at $700.

I wouldn't wager any kind of money that PC GPU prices just stay static either. Those are likely going up in price starting with Nvidia's 50 series line. 

People are just going to have to get used to the idea of paying more. A lot more. 

Around the Network

Would have bought one at $599 with little hesitation, because I already invested into the PS ecosystem (games, PSVR2, accessories). The advantage over PS5/SeriesX, in effect, will be a lot greater than what some people think. I expect PSSR and the RayTracing improvements to do a lot of heavy lifting.

But $699 is absurd, and makes you wonder just how long this generation will last, and whether or not we will see chip prices return to the old cost trajectory anytime soon. Everything is going up in prices even outside gaming. Feels like we're heading towards a global economic catastrophe.

Kyuu said:

Would have bought one at $599 with little hesitation, because I already invested into the PS ecosystem (games, PSVR2, accessories). The advantage over PS5/SeriesX, in effect, will be a lot greater than what some people think. I expect PSSR and the RayTracing improvements to do a lot of heavy lifting.

But $699 is absurd, and makes you wonder just how long this generation will last, and whether or not we will see chip prices return to the old cost trajectory anytime soon. Everything is going up in prices even outside gaming. Feels like we're heading towards a global economic catastrophe.

$699 for Americans isn't even that bad, lol, look at the Euro pricing 800 EUROs. LMAO. Imagine the meltdown from Americans if this was $800 USD, and the Euro has been worth more than the USD for the majority of the last 10+ years. 

Soundwave said:
Kyuu said:

$699 for Americans isn't even that bad, lol, look at the Euro pricing 800 EUROs. LMAO. Imagine the meltdown from Americans if this was $800 USD, and the Euro has been worth more than the USD for the majority of the last 10+ years. 

I still have no idea how much it'll cost in Australia lol.

Kyuu said:
Soundwave said:

I still have no idea how much it'll cost in Australia lol.

I sure hope there's some sort of currency exchange that Sony eats up, because $700 US Dollars is a little over $1,000 Australian Dollars lol

Soundwave said:
Kyuu said:

It's a video game console, you may as well just buy a pc at that price, especially if you already own a PS5.  Trading in a launch PS5 for $210 means you will have paid $1,070 + tax so around $1,155 in Minnesota for instance for your PS5 hardware this generation.