By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 34, 2024 (Aug 19 - Aug 25)

DroidKnight said:
fedfed said:

so, again 31k people got a PS5 what for? playing subscription games?

Chinese purchases for Wukong. 

Could even be Japanese sales for Wukong. It's digital only, so no Famitsu numbers there.

Around the Network
Tober said:
DroidKnight said:

Chinese purchases for Wukong. 

Could even be Japanese sales for Wukong. It's digital only, so no Famitsu numbers there.

Exactly, i think it debuted 3rd on the PS Store in Japan from what i read. 

Blood_Tears said:

PS5 did alright this week and has one more week left of decent sales before it collapses for good in Japan. Xbox is already there now.

What kinda collapse? PS5 to sell less than 1k weekly after next week like Xbox? It will probably gonna avg 20k for the rest of the year after the price increase 

Why is it that Xbox will go from a few thousands units sold to nearly 0 on random weeks? Lol.

(Also, we are one week away from Zelda NSWL. Will be interesting to see how this’ll impact hardware figures. My expectation is ~85k NSW next week.)

Last edited by firebush03 - on 29 August 2024

With Xbox introducing new SKU's and PS5 lining up for a price increase, I think stock levels will be low. Already see it on Xbox this week and probably see it with PS5 with next week report.

Around the Network
Tober said:

With Xbox introducing new SKU's and PS5 lining up for a price increase, I think stock levels will be low. Already see it on Xbox this week and probably see it with PS5 with next week report.

Makes sense.  I forgot about the new Xbox Hardware.  So likely no inventories left.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

First full week of the price increase predictably gives Xbox its lowest week of the year. The chances of it beating last year's total look to be completely gone now. Still has a good shot of being down the least of the three %wise though (for whatever it's worth at such low figures; still, it's been quite interesting to follow in Japan this year, given it's significantly down virtually everywhere else).

Last edited by Machina - on 29 August 2024

firebush03 said:

Why is it that Xbox will go from a few thousands units sold to nearly 0 on random weeks? Lol.

(Also, we are one week away from Zelda NSWL. Will be interesting to see how this’ll impact hardware figures. My expectation is ~85k NSW next week.)

This is the first week of the new Xbox price raise. 

Sony shit by increasing the price of the ps5 in japan, consoles should drop in price and not rise, we live in dark times inflation is so high. This makes me think about the price of the switch 2, with the cost to produce hardware so high I don't think the switch 2 will cost less than 500 dollars, unless nintendo wants to lose money on hardware to win in the game but they don't usually do that.

jvmkdg said:

Sony shit by increasing the price of the ps5 in japan, consoles should drop in price and not rise, we live in dark times inflation is so high. This makes me think about the price of the switch 2, with the cost to produce hardware so high I don't think the switch 2 will cost less than 500 dollars, unless nintendo wants to lose money on hardware to win in the game but they don't usually do that.

I don't think Nintendo will have an issue playing the long game.  They can release the Switch 2 at a high price and continue to release titles on both the older and newer Switch models.  They won't be in a hurry to ditch a 160 million player base while slowly growing the Switch 2 base.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.