By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are Gamefreak finally starting to take there time with pokemon games.

Pemalite said:

Have they even fixed Scarlet/Violet? It's the only game in the last 10 years I have actually returned to the store for being poor, but would pick it up today if they have fixed the performance issues and other bugs.

I am hoping they take their time with the next release and actually leverage the Switch 2.0's hardware feature set to the fullest, if the game looks like a upscaled Switch game just like Sword/Shield looked like an upscaled 3DS game... I probably won't be happy.

I played it at least 6 months after release and it still ran poorly and visually was a downgrade from Legends Arceus and Sword/Shield. You can't really blame the Switch hardware as there are other open-world games on the platform that look and run better.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter, Bluesky, and Threads.

I post and adjust the VGChartz hardware estimates, with help from Machina.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Monthly Hardware Breakdown Monthly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Pemalite said:

Have they even fixed Scarlet/Violet? It's the only game in the last 10 years I have actually returned to the store for being poor, but would pick it up today if they have fixed the performance issues and other bugs.

I am hoping they take their time with the next release and actually leverage the Switch 2.0's hardware feature set to the fullest, if the game looks like a upscaled Switch game just like Sword/Shield looked like an upscaled 3DS game... I probably won't be happy.

I played it at least 6 months after release and it still ran poorly and visually was a downgrade from Legends Arceus and Sword/Shield. You can't really blame the Switch hardware as there are other open-world games on the platform that look and run better.

Yeah, definitely not blaming the Switch hardware for this... It was one of the few games I have ever returned to the store regretting my initial purchase.

But it's been almost 2 years, they have had ample time and should have fixed most of the issues... If they haven't, then it showcases that they are prioritizing profit over making a good product or supporting their current product.

Many other developers go back to the drawing board when a game falters on launch and turns it around... Like No Mans Sky, Cyberpunk, Sea of Thieves, Halo: Master Chief Collection and Diablo 3 to name a few, they have set an example and an expectation in my opinion.

It doesn't even need to look good, just needs to run well with minimal bugs... But I guess there is an expectation to at-least match Arceus visually.

The other disappointing aspect is that the games still sold like hotcakes and it hasn't reduced in price to compensate for being a lower-quality product.. It will be interesting to see if that impacts the next Pokemon games sales rate.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

If you want 4-5 year gaps, you would need to set up a schedule on products, cards, spin-offs, etc., to match or come close to the revenues that match the likes of the hype of main line game release years. Plus, 4-5 years of an anime series to match the respective main line games. Of course, the spin offs would depend if the Pokemon Company wants to invest in those kinds of spin offs.

Throughout the Switch era, we’ve seen the releases of:
- Pokken Tournament DX
- Pokemon Unite
- Pokemon Cafe Mix
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
- New Pokemon Snap
- Detective Pikachu Returns

And this doesn’t even count the mobile games.

It may not be a lot in an 8 year span compared to what was previously released for Pokémon in previous generations, but it’s a heck of an amount for any franchise. And you have to consider HD development so getting dozens of spin-offs isn’t going to be as easy as it was before.