By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

BFR said:

They should blame violent video games and movies.  Any entertainment these days that glorifies violence is too much for today's dumbass kids to handle.

Weird how they have videogames and movies in countries that don't have school shootings.
You know what glorifies gun violence though? Naming your school shooter son after a gun.

Meanwhile USA casually has guns in Wallmart.

Don't forget to pick up an assault rifle, sweetie!

Last edited by Hiku - on 05 September 2024

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:

There was was a school shooting at a high school in Winder, GA, northeast of Atlanta. There were four dead (2 teachers, 2 students, and several others injured, with 14 y/o suspect Colt Gray taken into custody. He will be tried as an adult. 
What we know about the shooting in Apalachee High School in Georgia

Right on cue,Fox goes straight to blaming video games.

Yep.  It's all these school shooter games, and school shooter movies, and school shooter music.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

burninmylight said:

Harris proposes a tax deduction of up to $50k for new small business owners: Kamala Harris to propose up to $50,000 tax deduction for new small businesses (msn.com)

Biden is trying (again) to bring student loan debt relief to millions: https://www.cnbc.com/2024/09/03/biden-may-start-forgiving-student-debt-next-month-.html

I'm not going to make the claim that Republican politicians aren't out there trying to do things to tangibly benefit the masses, but I don't ever hear about them. Someone is welcome to show me some proof.

Trickle down economics is their plan.  Enrich the rich and magically the poor is less poor.  No programs, no education, no health, just make the rich richer.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Hiku said:
BFR said:

They should blame violent video games and movies.  Any entertainment these days that glorifies violence is too much for today's dumbass kids to handle.

Weird how they have videogames and movies in countries that don't have school shootings.
You know what glorifies gun violence though? Naming your school shooter son after a gun.

Meanwhile USA casually has guns in Wallmart

The 2nd Amendment sends its regards.

Hunter Biden pleads guilty to tax charges, will avoid trial

https://www.yahoo.com/news/know-jury-selection-begins-hunter-091031621.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

So, that's why his daddy really quit the job.

Around the Network

Hiku said: "Naming your school shooter son after a gun."

Colt wikipedia definition: A colt is a young male horse, usually below the age of four years.

So, by your logic the former Baltimore Colts football team was also named after a gun mfg.

BFR said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/know-jury-selection-begins-hunter-091031621.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

I must have missed it, was Hunter running for president or anything?  No one cares about Hunter he's a civilian, now Trump has been convicted of mutliple felonies and for some reason is still running for the presidency.

rapsuperstar31 said:
BFR said:

I must have missed it, was Hunter running for president or anything?  No one cares about Hunter he's a civilian, now Trump has been convicted of mutliple felonies and for some reason is still running for the presidency.

Because Trump has bigger balls than Hunter and his daddy! He can take the heat, and still fight back. That is something I respect.

Also, Hunter has only been a civilian his entire established and protected life. Never served in the military, never served in public office.

BFR said:

Hiku said: "Naming your school shooter son after a gun."

Colt wikipedia definition: A colt is a young male horse, usually below the age of four years.

So, by your logic the former Baltimore Colts football team was also named after a gun mfg.

Do you see guns on for the logos, or do you see equine imagery for the logo and on the helmet?

Want to know what's ironic? There's a sports team that plays pretty close to Baltimore that used to have a ballistic themed name, but at some point the owners and community realized that's a bad idea and changed it to something that isn't immediately evocative of murder and violence.

Renamed said:
burninmylight said:

Harris proposes a tax deduction of up to $50k for new small business owners: Kamala Harris to propose up to $50,000 tax deduction for new small businesses (msn.com)

Biden is trying (again) to bring student loan debt relief to millions: https://www.cnbc.com/2024/09/03/biden-may-start-forgiving-student-debt-next-month-.html

I'm not going to make the claim that Republican politicians aren't out there trying to do things to tangibly benefit the masses, but I don't ever hear about them. Someone is welcome to show me some proof.

Trickle down economics is their plan.  Enrich the rich and magically the poor is less poor.  No programs, no education, no health, just make the rich richer.

Oh, how could I forget? I think they're taking the, "But I didn't say when!" approach to that one. "Don't worry, it's coming! Just let us get a few hundred billion dollars more, then those of you left can have some."