By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Attempted assassination on Trump

the-pi-guy said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

All that stuff proves he acted like he was in war. The stuff he said and the way he said it clearly says he was in a warzone. You're not gonna act like anyone reasonably assumes from hearing and reading that that he was countries and a sea away doing support?  

It really doesn't.

Everything he's said is consistent with a ton of different things. I wouldn't make any kind of assumption. 

Well what he said means he lies about going to war.  Only way I can see someone honestly reading it without a severe political bias to excuse him because he's a Democrat or give him the benefit of the doubt.  If trump did those things every press outlet other than X and Fox would demonize him for it too.  So it also shows a media bias that it's hardly getting coverage outside those.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Renamed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Here's some of his lies since you're being dishonest about how horrible saying what he said was.

1. https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1822775488219115869?t=otERe4qJF3S7O_72-wMPgw&s=19

2. https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1821552380493582698?t=XKsADq6fc-35QDkcCQObuw&s=19

3. https://x.com/GrageDustin/status/1821536862374076504?t=Ue8Ys_3JgvI863QSczggJw&s=19

4. https://x.com/PaigeSully88/status/1821239821597094127?t=_bK0a7kvXyyo7kySLqB0wA&s=19

5. https://alphanews.org/third-command-sergeant-major-corroborates-story-of-walz-dodging-deployment/

Like geez I can't take someone seriously who acts like this is misspeaking or something. The dude lied!  About going to WAR!  Don't even pretend to think that means "oh I was in Italy running support so technically..." Like he is clearly trying to draw an image and misrepresented his service. It's one of the worst lies you could ever tell

You have achieved willful ignorance at this point. Not only are you not sharing facts but you are rationalizing to fit your agenda.  You don't present facts, you present wishcasting. 

1. By the time Walz left the military, he achieved the rank of command sergeant major, one of the top ranks for an enlisted soldier. Personnel file records show that he was reduced in rank months after retiring, leaving him as a master sergeant for benefits purposes.

Capt. Holly Rockow, a public affairs officer for the Minnesota National Guard, said it is legitimate for Walz to say he served as a command sergeant major. 

(Source, 2018)

2. So you, and that X user, don't understand how military operations work.  Operation Enduring Freedom was global.  It was not just contained to Afghanistan.  And the Minn NG itself has confirmed both his duty station and participation in OEF.

"Walz deployed in August 2003 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The Minnesota National Guard told CBS News the battalion supported security missions at various locations in Europe and Turkey. Walz was stationed at Vicenza, Italy."

(Source, 2024, and Source, 2005, Source, and Source, 2006)

3. "And we can make sure those weapons of war that I carried in war is the only place those weapons are at".

Trained to use said weapons, had to use them at least 1 weekend per month and 2 weekends every year for 24 years plus months on deployment to Italy for Operation Enduring Freedom.  That was in support of a war.  he didn't say he shot enemy soldiers, he didn't say he was on the front lines, he said he was carrying weapons of war in a war (OEF) and doesn't want available them outside of the military.  

4. This is a repeat of item 1.  Repetition doesn't increases the validity.  That's a Trump tenet.

5. 'Julin said he was most upset with how it was handled because Walz didn’t come to him.'  "He went around my authority to get out of the position. I probably would have told him ‘No, you’re going on the deployment,’” Julin said.

He salty.  He's mad Walz didn't consult him before registering with the FEC as a candidate and not going directly to him for discharge (which is not required.  You DO NOT have to get permission for your immediate COC to get your DD-214 (discharge from service).  That is the purview of the commissioned officers and their respective Reserve Personnel Command.  Julin actually would not have a say in the matter.  If he qualified for retirement, Julin would be breaking federal law by denying (even if he had the authority).

We done?

He's salty?  That's all you got?  Brain rot and denial of reality on full display.  If you're cool with lying about going to war then fine.  You know damn well that if Trump did the same thing you'd be fine with recognizing reality here. Don't even try to act like you're being honest here and not doing a spin job.  So yeah we done here unless you actually start holding him accountable and stop this disingenuous insult to people who actually go to warzones.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

You have achieved willful ignorance at this point. Not only are you not sharing facts but you are rationalizing to fit your agenda.  You don't present facts, you present wishcasting. 

1. By the time Walz left the military, he achieved the rank of command sergeant major, one of the top ranks for an enlisted soldier. Personnel file records show that he was reduced in rank months after retiring, leaving him as a master sergeant for benefits purposes.

Capt. Holly Rockow, a public affairs officer for the Minnesota National Guard, said it is legitimate for Walz to say he served as a command sergeant major. 

(Source, 2018)

2. So you, and that X user, don't understand how military operations work.  Operation Enduring Freedom was global.  It was not just contained to Afghanistan.  And the Minn NG itself has confirmed both his duty station and participation in OEF.

"Walz deployed in August 2003 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The Minnesota National Guard told CBS News the battalion supported security missions at various locations in Europe and Turkey. Walz was stationed at Vicenza, Italy."

(Source, 2024, and Source, 2005, Source, and Source, 2006)

3. "And we can make sure those weapons of war that I carried in war is the only place those weapons are at".

Trained to use said weapons, had to use them at least 1 weekend per month and 2 weekends every year for 24 years plus months on deployment to Italy for Operation Enduring Freedom.  That was in support of a war.  he didn't say he shot enemy soldiers, he didn't say he was on the front lines, he said he was carrying weapons of war in a war (OEF) and doesn't want available them outside of the military.  

4. This is a repeat of item 1.  Repetition doesn't increases the validity.  That's a Trump tenet.

5. 'Julin said he was most upset with how it was handled because Walz didn’t come to him.'  "He went around my authority to get out of the position. I probably would have told him ‘No, you’re going on the deployment,’” Julin said.

He salty.  He's mad Walz didn't consult him before registering with the FEC as a candidate and not going directly to him for discharge (which is not required.  You DO NOT have to get permission for your immediate COC to get your DD-214 (discharge from service).  That is the purview of the commissioned officers and their respective Reserve Personnel Command.  Julin actually would not have a say in the matter.  If he qualified for retirement, Julin would be breaking federal law by denying (even if he had the authority).

We done?

He's salty?  That's all you got?  Brain rot and denial of reality on full display.  If you're cool with lying about going to war then fine.  You know damn well that if Trump did the same thing you'd be fine with recognizing reality here. Don't even try to act like you're being honest here and not doing a spin job.  So yeah we done here unless you actually start holding him accountable and stop this disingenuous insult to people who actually go to warzones.

Guess you didn't notice that I ordinally replied to you and said "Poor choice of wording which should have said 'wartime'.  So yeah, I did criticize his selective choice of words.  But I'm not about to spout fallacious and distorted claims to smear a great record for that.  You want to denigrate him, in fact, you feel compelled to.  Cognitive dissonance and hubris won't allow you to recognize his service in any valid perspective because it would require you to be an honest broker of truth.  And you don't want truth, you want Trump.  

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Renamed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Guess you didn't notice that I ordinally replied to you and said "Poor choice of wording which should have said 'wartime'.  So yeah, I did criticize his selective choice of words.  But I'm not about to spout fallacious and distorted claims to smear a great record for that.  You want to denigrate him, in fact, you feel compelled to.  Cognitive dissonance and hubris won't allow you to recognize his service in any valid perspective because it would require you to be an honest broker of truth.  And you don't want truth, you want Trump.  

Well now you're just copying my argument.  You're being completely disingenuous here and give the smallest sliver of "wording" while in denial about his character.  He's a PoS based on what HE said

I am Iron Man

Summary of recent discussion: If you are extremely disgusted by merely seeing a piece of shit, the rational reaction to that is to find a pit of shit and dive headfirst into it. If you consider this train of logic unreasonable, you are heavily biased because you are unwilling to acknowledge how good shit tastes.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Yep he was then.  What a disastrous handling though I respect Trump trying to reach across the aisle to the guy who lied about being in a warzone repeatedly

First off when it comes to anyone who has served our country, the only thing you can say is Thank you for your service.  This swiftboating nonsense isn't going to work in this election.  Everyone knows Trump lied saying he had bone spurs so he could avoid serving his country in Vietnam.   As someone that has spoken to Walz multiple times when we lobbied our House members for the trucking association, Walz is about as nice a person as you will find.  While many democrat reps wouldn't even fake interest when it came to talking trucking regulations and needs Walz listened intently and made you feel heard.  I also talked to him at the state fair when he visited, and he is just a joy of a person and very kind to everyone.

I can't speak in a military capacity, but if anyone "thanks" me for my hard work, It just gives me the creeps.
I don't want to be thanked, I don't want the show, I don't want the politics.

I just want support for better equipment, better training... And better resources to allow those affected to recover.
But also recognition for those who have fallen.

And most of all, I want people to step up... Not baseless thoughts and/or prayers that is about making THEMSELVES feel good, it's not even about others and certainly not about those who are really affected.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

This is hilarious, not even Republicans give a shit about the assassination attempt on Trump anymore, as evidenced by the Republican the past few pages trying and failing to swift boat Walz in a desperate attempt to change the conversation onto unrelated criticism against the Democrats. 😭😂 I almost wondered what thread I was in.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 August 2024

Ryuu96 said:

This is hilarious, not even Republicans give a shit about the assassination attempt on Trump anymore, as evidenced by the Republican the past few pages trying and failing to swift boat Walz in a desperate attempt to change the conversation onto unrelated criticism against the Democrats. 😭😂 I almost wondered what thread I was in.

Well, what's unique about this shooting is that the culprit and the target belong to the same political party, plus the logical solution of better gun control goes against the DNA of the party in question, so this event simply doesn't work as political ammo for anything if you are a Republican.

Swift-boating Walz doesn't get traction either, but it has done notably better than the attempt at Tampon Tim which had bled itself dry almost instantly.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Well what he said means he lies about going to war.  Only way I can see someone honestly reading it without a severe political bias to excuse him because he's a Democrat or give him the benefit of the doubt.  If trump did those things every press outlet other than X and Fox would demonize him for it too.  So it also shows a media bias that it's hardly getting coverage outside those.

We're not the media.

Trump also didn't say to inject bleach.

But you're using the same kind of logic that the media used to claim that Trump did say that. You inferred a meaning beyond what was literally said. 

Madness and stupidity. Alas I can't stop brain rot. If you support walz you support lying about being in war. Fact

I am Iron Man