By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Attempted assassination on Trump

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

1. Pick a lane.  Either claim to be the 'party of personal responsibility' or accept that Trump incited Jan 6.  You can't have both.

2. But that would be dishonest.  See line 1. 

Yeah the riot was awful, but they were mostly peaceful just like the summer of love.  I condemn both parties and their riots!

That's great.  Now get the Republican party leaders to also condemn it, to stop calling those arrested and charged as 'heroes', to also admit it was their own rhetoric that incited it. 

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Around the Network
Renamed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Yeah the riot was awful, but they were mostly peaceful just like the summer of love.  I condemn both parties and their riots!

That's great.  Now get the Republican party leaders to also condemn it, to stop calling those arrested and charged as 'heroes', to also admit it was their own rhetoric that incited it. 

It wasn't

Dems need to condemn BLM, Antifa, and such as a whole or they're no better

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Antifascism is better than fascism. Protesting police brutality is better than police brutality. Equating the former to the latter because they're not always peaceful is high grade false equivalence.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

It wasn't

BLM and Antifa are responses.  They exist because a fomenting injustice exists.  

And the BLM/Antifa violence was condemned by Democratic leaders.  And I won't link articles for you because you either won't read them or will find some excuse anyway.

So not only are they different in those respects but here is the biggest difference of all: The left isn't threatening more violence like the right is. The right surreptitiously hopes for another J6 style event. 

TallSilhouette said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Antifascism is better than fascism. Protesting police brutality is better than police brutality. Equating the former to the latter because they're not always peaceful is high grade false equivalence.

And if you ask them they're in support of fascism?  If you ask someone who got their business burned down by BLM they still think it's about police brutality?  You're giving the worst version of one vs the pristine version of the other.  C'mon that's just ridiculous to describe them that way.  Higher grade bias than any false equivalence you were trying to draw.  

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Renamed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

It wasn't

And the BLM/Antifa violence was condemned by Democratic leaders.  And I won't link articles for you because you either won't read them or will find some excuse anyway.

So not only are they different in those respects but here is the biggest difference of all: The left isn't threatening more violence like the right is. The right surreptitiously hopes for another J6 style event. 

They encourage more of that behavior every day trying to paint their enemies the way they do.  It's an escalation that's unprecedented and now they select Walz who seemed to love burning of Minneapolis.  Condemn his response to the riots or you lose all credibility.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

They encourage more of that behavior every day trying to paint their enemies the way they do.  It's an escalation that's unprecedented and now they select Walz who seemed to love burning of Minneapolis.  Condemn his response to the riots or you lose all credibility.

You're absolutely right that only a deplorable, creditless person would deem his response enough.

https://apnews.com/article/tim-walz-trump-audio-riots-george-floyd-3b349ec2a8611f242333b76512a82d4f

The further left or right you go, the more they are the same.

Best place is in the center.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

You don't listen to Trump, Vance or any other R leader, do you?  You just described them.

And Trump loved the way Walz handled Minneapolis.  So was Trump wrong?  

No he does listen to them.

It's just when Trump says to hit someone in the face he's just being metaphorical.

Or when he suggests that there will be no violence when he wins.

Or when he suggests that 2nd amendment people might fix a problem.

The real violence is when he gets called out for saying all these weird things.