By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

zorg1000 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Trump Tells Iowans To ‘Get Over’ School Shooting At Campaign Event | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Woohoo there's no civil war, okay, back to work, it's time for us to "get over it" like Trump says.

What do you expect? What is "being American" and why do Americans have to unite around that because Donald Trump got his ear clipped? Why would anyone celebrate being alive aside from those at the rally who almost got shot? People have lives to live, they have jobs to do, Trump survived, his ear got clipped, he immediately went golfing the next day.

Democrats hate Trump and Republicans hate Biden and it seems like independents hate them both, what do you want from them? Imho Americans are so desensitised to gun violence nowadays that they will quickly stop giving a shit about Trump getting his ear clipped off but otherwise being perfectly okay and why should they when Republicans never do a damn thing to stop school shootings?

Just another example of gun violence in America, this time against the former president, he came away with the most minor of injuries, some people aren't so lucky, America barely unites when the 50th school shooting happens (as in, nobody ever does a damn thing about the guns), Trump can count himself luckier than most victims of gun violence in America, far luckier, shooter even used a gun which Biden tried to ban.

He's fine, life goes on, Democrats and Republicans are still competing for the presidency, some would argue that Trump had it coming due to his violent rhetoric, doesn't help there's dozens of conspiracy theories flying around, but you know if the shooter wasn't a registered Republican that Republicans damn well wouldn't be "uniting" and they'd be doing everything they can to blame the Democrats.

JD Vance and Donald Trump JR immediately blamed the Democrats before any information actually came out.

Trump couldn't even be bothered to call the family of his dead supporter and instead went golfing, Lol.

Yep, it’s always democrats that are expected to show decorum, be the adults in the room & take the high road. Republicans can say and do the most hateful, divisive things but somehow it’s the democrats who are expected to “unite” with Trump.

I find issue with your quote. "When the herd looses it's way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray". First off, a Shepard tends to flocks of sheep, a sheep herder. Secondly, no farmer is going to kill the bull that is leading the herd, the bull would be led to lead the herd. This is a terrible, just nonsensical euphemism, I mean what exactly is it trying to say? What is your interpretation of this and what imbecile are you quoting?

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep, it’s always democrats that are expected to show decorum, be the adults in the room & take the high road. Republicans can say and do the most hateful, divisive things but somehow it’s the democrats who are expected to “unite” with Trump.

I find issue with your quote. "When the herd looses it's way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray". First off, a Shepard tends to flocks of sheep, a sheep herder. Secondly, no farmer is going to kill the bull that is leading the herd, the bull would be led to lead the herd. This is a terrible, just nonsensical euphemism, I mean what exactly is it trying to say? What is your interpretation of this and what imbecile are you quoting?

Just an FYI in case you aren't aware, that's his sig, Lol.

I was confused as hell for a second where you saw that in his post.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 July 2024

This is like something straight out of The Boys, just straight a straight parody of itself. It's so fucking comical, the man singing. Lmao. Oh, I needed a laugh. Cocky buggers too. "I'MMMM PROooOuuUD TO BE AN AMmmmEEERRIcccAN, THERE IS NO DOUBT I loVvvVVe this MAaaan" lmao 🤣 

LegitHyperbole said:
Ryuu96 said:

Trump Tells Iowans To ‘Get Over’ School Shooting At Campaign Event | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Woohoo there's no civil war, okay, back to work, it's time for us to "get over it" like Trump says.

What do you expect? What is "being American" and why do Americans have to unite around that because Donald Trump got his ear clipped? Why would anyone celebrate being alive aside from those at the rally who almost got shot? People have lives to live, they have jobs to do, Trump survived, his ear got clipped, he immediately went golfing the next day.

Democrats hate Trump and Republicans hate Biden and it seems like independents hate them both, what do you want from them? Imho Americans are so desensitised to gun violence nowadays that they will quickly stop giving a shit about Trump getting his ear clipped off but otherwise being perfectly okay and why should they when Republicans never do a damn thing to stop school shootings?

Just another example of gun violence in America, this time against the former president, he came away with the most minor of injuries, some people aren't so lucky, America barely unites when the 50th school shooting happens (as in, nobody ever does a damn thing about the guns), Trump can count himself luckier than most victims of gun violence in America, far luckier, shooter even used a gun which Biden tried to ban.

He's fine, life goes on, Democrats and Republicans are still competing for the presidency, some would argue that Trump had it coming due to his violent rhetoric, doesn't help there's dozens of conspiracy theories flying around, but you know if the shooter wasn't a registered Republican that Republicans damn well wouldn't be "uniting" and they'd be doing everything they can to blame the Democrats.

JD Vance and Donald Trump JR immediately blamed the Democrats before any information actually came out.

Trump couldn't even be bothered to call the family of his dead supporter and instead went golfing, Lol.

I suppose so but I hope there is a way out of this mess. Hopefully people will pull back and realise both candidates are shit heads and there's nothing to fight over. But alas, whatever happens in November I suppose it's not going to stop this shit show. 

Both shit heads? Sure.

One shithead is an old man showing his age and struggles to communicate effectively.

The other shithead is a criminal, rapist, liar, cheater, thief who tried to overthrow the government.

Nuance matters.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ryuu96 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Just an FYI in case you aren't aware, that's his sig, Lol.

I was confused as hell for a second where you saw that in his post.

Oh right, it's his tag. Makes a little more sense but not by much, Iol

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
zorg1000 said:

Are you serious? Thats my signature, it’s not part of my response. It’s a quote from a comedy movie called Tropic Thunder.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I suppose so but I hope there is a way out of this mess. Hopefully people will pull back and realise both candidates are shit heads and there's nothing to fight over. But alas, whatever happens in November I suppose it's not going to stop this shit show. 

Both shit heads? Sure.

One shithead is an old man showing his age and struggles to communicate effectively.

The other shithead is a criminal, rapist, liar, cheater, thief who tried to overthrow the government.

Nuance matters.

One is a warmonger, establismentarian who wants America to be in every aspect of global affairs at any cost, even millions of lives. I find both to be atrocious people and I won't give Biden the benefit of age, I do feel sorry for him but it only goes so far when he's funding a country that's slaughtering innocent people every day with that money and weaponry. 

zorg1000 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Are you serious? Thats my signature, it’s not part of my response. It’s a quote from a comedy movie called Tropic Thunder.

Yeah I get it now, I thought it was a serious remark on your part, the night mode makes it look like it's part of the text. 

LegitHyperbole said:

One is a warmonger, establismentarian who wants America to be in every aspect of global affairs at any cost, even millions of lives. I find both to be atrocious people and I won't give Biden the benefit of age, I do feel sorry for him but it only goes so far when he's funding a country that's slaughtering innocent people every day with that money and weaponry. 

Uh do you think that Trump wouldn't be as involved in the Israel conflict as Biden is? 

LegitHyperbole said:
zorg1000 said:

Both shit heads? Sure.

Nuance matters.

Biden pulled out of Afghanistan (albeit sloppily) but the act itself was the right move (Imo), though it could have been done better. Then he defended Ukraine (again, the morally right move, a rare thing for America's foreign policy). But then he supported Netanyahu way too much, I agree on that, I despise Netanyahu.

Having said that, Trump would be an equal supporter, very likely more, of Israel, it's a massive part of Republicans platform, their goddamn platform talks about deporting "Pro-Hamas" protesters but they consistently mix "Pro-Palestine" in with "Pro-Hamas" protesters. While at the same time, he would throw Europe and Ukraine under the bus.

There's a far bigger chance at a wider war if Ukraine is abandoned, Europe won't sit aside as Russia threatens them on a daily basis and slaughters their neighbours, isolationism doesn't lead to zero wars, America being neutral didn't stop Hitler from invading half of Europe and it backfired on them when Japan decided to go YOLO and attack them.

Without America's "protection" many countries are at risk - Ukraine, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. I want Biden to stop supporting Israel so hard, it is sick what Netanyahu does but the lesson from that shouldn't be "time to abandon every single ally we have and throw them to the wolves" cause that will result in more wars. Maybe Americans are okay with that, as long as the war doesn't affect them, though be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 July 2024