Settler attacks displace Palestinian Bedouins multiple times
Along with the constant military raids, Palestinians in the occupied West Bank are also frequently attacked by Israeli settlers.
The village of al-Auja in the occupied West Bank used to be home to 600 Palestinian Bedouins. Almost all of them have dismantled their tents, packed their belongings and scattered searching for shelter after settler attacks.
Ayed Kaabneh, one of those displaced, told Al Jazeera he has been displaced three times in a month. He said the Israeli settlers who attacked his family before are now chasing their new home.
“We woke up the children and moved them to a safer place. We had to because we were scared the settlers would set the tents on fire. That’s happened in many other communities,” he said.
Communities say they do not have help or protection from authorities, either Israeli or Palestinian, and have no option but to leave.
Israel’s far-right minister to push for ‘migration’ of Palestinians from West Bank, Gaza
Israeli media is reporting the far-right Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich as saying that he would pursue a policy of “encouraging the migration” of Palestinians from the occupied West Bank and Gaza.
“We will finally, formally, and in practical terms nullify the cursed Oslo Accords and embark on a path toward sovereignty, while encouraging emigration from both Gaza and Judea and Samaria. There is no other long-term solution,” said Smotrich, speaking at an event organised by his Religious Zionism Party late on Tuesday.
Since last week, Israel’s security cabinet has approved a series of measures backed by far-right ministers to tighten control over the West Bank, including in areas administered by the Palestinian Authority under the Oslo Accords, in place since the 1990s.








