Dragon Quest XI 3 4.00%

Fortnite 0 0%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 5 6.67%

Nier: Automata 6 8.00%

Breath of the Wild 36 48.00%

Super Mario Odyssey 6 8.00%

Other (please specify) 10 13.33%

Total:75

Official voting for 2017 Game of the Year is now closed.  The 2017 Game of the Year is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and the runner up is Hollow Knight.

The top game needs 40% of the vote to avoid a runoff, but BotW ended up with 50% of the vote.  I believe this is the biggest landslide since the 1988 thread where Super Mario Bros 3 won with 68% of the vote.  However, I also think BotW had tougher competition than Mario 3.  There were a lot of great games released in 2017.  Speaking of which, I need to shortlist Hollow Knight on my games to play list.

Around the Network

Nier because it had a cheat menu for achivments.

BiON!@ 

Resident Evil 7 VR
The VR was extremely important for the progression of the entire games industry. I felt the industry staggered into the 8th gen until Resident Evil 7 VR happened.

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-mainstream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.