By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto VI trailer 1 launched early

I have a feeling that they will have a higher price for this game at around 100 bucks.

Around the Network

Digital Foundry:

Pinkie_pie said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Notice how it never specified on which devices it will launch on.

My prediction is PS5, Xbox Series, and Nintendo's Next Console.
And a year or so later it'll release on Steam Deck, & PC.

What makes you think it would launch on Nintendo next console? But there was a press release rockstar saying it will be on ps5 and Xbox series, no mention of PC or Nintendo 

Rockstar didn't state that GTA VI was releasing on the NG (Nintendo Next Gen Console) because the console hasn't been announced yet, it doesn't have a name, and doesn't have a release date. Rockstar understands that leaking information in the videogame world ruins he fun for everyone. (Hence why the trailer was revealed early)

According to rumors (i may not like leaks and rumors either but doesnt mean ill use them, but I still try to take it with a grain of salt, but I like being optimistic and base idea off of them), Nintendo had a press conference and they demonstrated how it runs with Unreal Engine 5. This is a feat that the most current console gen is capable of. The NG is rumored to have DLSS, ray tracing.

Based on that I think my prediction for GTA VI to be on the NG is solid. Can you prove me wrong?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

What makes you think it would launch on Nintendo next console? But there was a press release rockstar saying it will be on ps5 and Xbox series, no mention of PC or Nintendo 

Rockstar didn't state that GTA VI was releasing on the NG (Nintendo Next Gen Console) because the console hasn't been announced yet, it doesn't have a name, and doesn't have a release date. Rockstar understands that leaking information in the videogame world ruins he fun for everyone. (Hence why the trailer was revealed early)

According to rumors (i may not like leaks and rumors either but doesnt mean ill use them, but I still try to take it with a grain of salt, but I like being optimistic and base idea off of them), Nintendo had a press conference and they demonstrated how it runs with Unreal Engine 5. This is a feat that the most current console gen is capable of. The NG is rumored to have DLSS, ray tracing.

Based on that I think my prediction for GTA VI to be on the NG is solid. Can you prove me wrong?

So you think your prediction is solid base on a rumour (which you hate)that Nintendo next console could be in the same level as ps5 and Xbox series? Why didn't Rockstar port GTA5 for the wii U or switch launch ? The switch is one of the most popular consoles ever if not the most popular and is powerful enough to run GTA5 but rockstar didn't even care. Nintendo next console will be a handheld and therefore it will be no where near the PS5 and Xbox series in power. At the moment there's a 0.071% chance GTA 6 is a launch title for Nintendo's next console 

Pinkie_pie said:
Shtinamin_ said:

So you think your prediction is solid base on a rumour (which you hate)that Nintendo next console could be in the same level as ps5 and Xbox series? Why didn't Rockstar port GTA5 for the wii U or switch launch ? The switch is one of the most popular consoles ever if not the most popular and is powerful enough to run GTA5 but rockstar didn't even care. Nintendo next console will be a handheld and therefore it will be no where near the PS5 and Xbox series in power. At the moment there's a 0.071% chance GTA 6 is a launch title for Nintendo's next console 

I said I take rumors with a grain of salt, and that I dislike getting rumors and leaks as well (it ruins the fun, and I don't like to get the future spoiled).
But the rumors that have come out are very credible. Yes, considering DLSS and ray tracing. It very well could be.
Nintendo hasn't tried to make a next gen console since the Gamecube, and they did. It was more powerful that the PS2 and Xbox 360, but their audience didnt match the audience of the 3rd party developers. Same with the WiiU, which is another reason why both flopped. With the Switch the 3rd party developers made a business decision to not put anything on the Switch immediately due to the worry that the Switch will flop, like the WiiU did.

Rockstar has started to show some respect to the Switch, by putting out their older software titles that sold well, L.A. Noire, GTA The Definitive Edition and Red Dead Redemption. This is to test the waters and see just what kind of audience the Switch has accumulated over these 7 years. 

After they see what the audience looks like they will make their decision to either distribute to NG or not. I personally think that they will decide to support the NG.

Where did 0.071% come from?

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

I said I take rumors with a grain of salt, and that I dislike getting rumors and leaks as well (it ruins the fun, and I don't like to get the future spoiled).
But the rumors that have come out are very credible. Yes, considering DLSS and ray tracing. It very well could be.
Nintendo hasn't tried to make a next gen console since the Gamecube, and they did. It was more powerful that the PS2 and Xbox 360, but their audience didnt match the audience of the 3rd party developers. Same with the WiiU, which is another reason why both flopped. With the Switch the 3rd party developers made a business decision to not put anything on the Switch immediately due to the worry that the Switch will flop, like the WiiU did.

Rockstar has started to show some respect to the Switch, by putting out their older software titles that sold well, L.A. Noire, GTA The Definitive Edition and Red Dead Redemption. This is to test the waters and see just what kind of audience the Switch has accumulated over these 7 years. 

After they see what the audience looks like they will make their decision to either distribute to NG or not. I personally think that they will decide to support the NG.

The wii surely didn't flop why didn't Rockstar port GTA5 for the wii U launch? So they waited to see if the switch would flop or not but it end up being one of the most popular consoles ever and still they wouldn't port GTA 5. Shouldn't they also wait to see how successful Nintendo next console would be before porting it instead of making it a launch title? Rockstar never released a GTA game for a launch console, they didn't even bother porting any of the GTA games for the GameCube, Wii, Wii U . They ported the GTA trilogy sure but maybe that was because they were PS2 games and it didn't take much effort to do so and that the switch was so popular. We don't even know if Nintendo's next console would flop or not or if it could even run gta6. All of this adds up to the 0.007% chance that GTA6 would be a launch title for Nintendo next console

Pinkie_pie said:
Shtinamin_ said:

The wii surely didn't flop why didn't Rockstar port GTA5 for the wii U launch? So they waited to see if the switch would flop or not but it end up being one of the most popular consoles ever and still they wouldn't port GTA 5. Shouldn't they also wait to see how successful Nintendo next console would be before porting it instead of making it a launch title? Rockstar never released a GTA game for a launch console, they didn't even bother porting any of the GTA games for the GameCube, Wii, Wii U . They ported the GTA trilogy sure but maybe that was because they were PS2 games and it didn't take much effort to do so and that the switch was so popular. We don't even know if Nintendo's next console would flop or not or if it could even run gta6. All of this adds up to the 0.007% chance that GTA6 would be a launch title for Nintendo next console

Nintendo's audience is not the same audience as Rockstar, especially a game franchise like GTA VI. Killing, Stealing, Gangs, sexual content, etc. That does not scream family friendly in any aspect of the GTA franchise of what its become.

That's why they are porting the GTA The Definitive Edition to the Switch, to see if the audience has grown outside of the common family friendly ideology Nintendo presents itself as.

Your math is weird cause my math says theres a 73.4% (did you forget to move the decimal place?) chance that GTA VI is on the NG. Will it launch on the NG, no. Most likely it will release 6 month later, with the PC and Steam Deck.

Since the topic is now about whether or not it will be on the next Nintendo console, Nintendo should approach Rockstar and offer some kind of agreement to have it launch on their next console with the other platforms simultaneously. It'll be a dumb business decision to not at least try to negotiate with them.

Shtinamin_ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Nintendo's audience is not the same audience as Rockstar, especially a game franchise like GTA VI. Killing, Stealing, Gangs, sexual content, etc. That does not scream family friendly in any aspect of the GTA franchise of what its become.

That's why they are porting the GTA The Definitive Edition to the Switch, to see if the audience has grown outside of the common family friendly ideology Nintendo presents itself as.

Your math is weird cause my math says theres a 73.4% (did you forget to move the decimal place?) chance that GTA VI is on the NG. Will it launch on the NG, no. Most likely it will release 6 month later, with the PC and Steam Deck.

Oh your first post said it would launch on Nintendo next console with ps5 and xbox Series and that 1 year later for PC and steam deck. Now it's 6 month later with PC and steam deck 😂. Your math is weird considering we never seen a new main GTA game on any of Nintendo past consoles. The switch is so popular and is more than capable running PS3/360 version of GTA5 but rockstar didn't even bother. Nintendo next console would most likely be a handheld therefore it will not match the power of PS5 and Xbox series, not even close

Pinkie_pie said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Oh your first post said it would launch on Nintendo next console with ps5 and xbox Series and that 1 year later for PC and steam deck. Now it's 6 month later with PC and steam deck 😂. Your math is weird considering we never seen a new main GTA game on any of Nintendo past consoles. The switch is so popular and is more than capable running PS3/360 version of GTA5 but rockstar didn't even bother. Nintendo next console would most likely be a handheld therefore it will not match the power of PS5 and Xbox series, not even close

Why can't my opinions change, as long as I give good reasoning for such there shouldn't be a problem.
I made the decision that my prediction will have GTA VI release on NG when it releases on PC and Steam.
Nah, my math is pretty legit.
The Nintendo Switch easily run GTA V. If it can run Witcher 3 and Elder Scrolls smoothly, then it can run GTA V.
I'm not gonna argue the same point, if you are gonna spam the same points I debated on, and if you dont bring up new info then there is no point in continuing. Take the L.

So why will the NG be less powerful than the Xbox Series S?

Last edited by Shtinamin_ - on 06 December 2023