By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Secret Santa PC Event 2023

Alright, you should have received a message with the identity of your Tiny Tims.

Now, before going forward, a couple of things:

+Take your time. There is no rush and you have until the 31st to choose a game or games that your Tiny Tim may enjoy. Check his wishlist, if he has one, or the library, to see what he may enjoy.

+We all know that Steam has region blocks based on he currency of each country/region. There are lots of discussions about it with a lot of theories about what can be done about it, but with no real, definitive answer to this situation.

Some

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Alright, you should have received a message with the identity of your Tiny Tims.

+Take your time. There is no rush and you have until the 31st to choose a game or games that your Tiny Tim may enjoy. Check his wishlist, if he has one, or the library, to see what he may enjoy.

+We all know that Steam has region blocks based on he currency of each country/region. There are lots of discussions about it with a lot of theories about what can be done about it, but with no real, definitive answer to this situation.

Some claim that you can gift a present as long as the price in your currency is within 10% of the price in the currency of the person you try to gift it to. You can use SteamDB to check if that works for you as it gives you the price of any given game in a lot of different currencies.

Alternatively, you can use key stores like HumbleBundle/HumbleStore, Fanatical, GreenManGaming, etc. to get your keys, they may even be cheaper than from Steam, and send the key codes to your Tiny Tim via a message either here or from Steam. You can also send me the keys and I'kk firward them to your Tiny Tim if you want to remain hidden.

The third, and last option, could be sending your Tiny Tim a Gift Card. It's less personal and not exactly the same, I know, but it is a valid option after all, and I'm sure your Tiny Tim will understand that you had no other option.

With all that said, I hope it all goes smoothly, that you have a great time and that you're pleased by the generosity of your Santa.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Ok, let's check the best launches of the last two months (we're still in December, after all):

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

Love the Tony Hawk games, but man I'm not really that good at them!  Probably one of the few series I enjoy playing where I really suck at the games!  Looking forward to Rouge City!

Shadis said:
JEMC said:

Ok, let's check the best launches of the last two months (we're still in December, after all):

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

Love the Tony Hawk games, but man I'm not really that good at them!  Probably one of the few series I enjoy playing where I really suck at the games!  Looking forward to Rouge City!

You're describing me with Point'n'click games. I love them, but boy do I suck at them.

JEMC said:

Some claim that you can gift a present as long as the price in your currency is within 10% of the price in the currency of the person you try to gift it to. You can use SteamDB to check if that works for you as it gives you the price of any given game in a lot of different currencies.

Alternatively, you can use key stores like HumbleBundle/HumbleStore, Fanatical, GreenManGaming, etc. to get your keys, they may even be cheaper than from Steam, and send the key codes to your Tiny Tim via a message either here or from Steam. You can also send me the keys and I'kk firward them to your Tiny Tim if you want to remain hidden.

The third, and last option, could be sending your Tiny Tim a Gift Card. It's less personal and not exactly the same, I know, but it is a valid option after all, and I'm sure your Tiny Tim will understand that you had no other option.

With all that said, I hope it all goes smoothly, that you have a great time and that you're pleased by the generosity of your Santa.

Does GOG have the same issue?  Just want to make sure I don't end up with an issue for my Tiny Tim!

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Shadis said:

You're describing me with Point'n'click games. I love them, but boy do I suck at them.

I love Point'n'click games as well, but I'm actually good at those!  I guess years of playing them, even back when it was text adventure games..you know before the whole point and click thing ;)

Shadis said:
JEMC said:

Does GOG have the same issue?  Just want to make sure I don't end up with an issue for my Tiny Tim!

I have to say that I don't know. Most people in this event use Steam, and that question hasn't come up before and, therefore, I can't give you a proper answer.

Sorry.

Oh, the first gifts are arriving.

Thank you, Secret Satan... erm, of course I meant Secret Santa!

Already? Wow.

Check your Steam messages... all of you should find there something extra.
Merry Christmas to you!