By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Geometry Wars: Galaxies get rereleased on Wiiware?

According to most reviews, Geometry Wars: Galaxies was a fantastic game. According to sales data, it was a complete flop. But given the nature of the game, could it's release as a full retail title have possibly resulted in any other way?

Sure the game was greatly expanded upon it's earlier Xbox live arcade version, but it was still the kind of arcade game that you just don't find on store shelves now-a-days. It's fair to say that the game would have seen much better sales had Wiiware been an option for the game's release.

Many of the people eagerly eyeing the recent announcement of Gyrostarr for it's fast paced and brightly coloured arcade action (http://wii.ign.com/articles/868/868645p1.html) would probably be fleeing to a Wiiware rerelease of Galaxies or even a cut down, more Xbox arcade Live version of the game.

So with the retail sales of the Wii version being so poor, but the Wiiware's potential for the exact same game being so great, do you think we'll see Geometry Wars : Not quite galaxies?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Interesting idea. Sell a basic version of GW for 500 or 1000 points, with extra galaxies as DLC.

I was one of the few who bought this frickin' GREAT game. The LIVE version is good, but Galaxies has so much more than the original game I couldn't pass it up.

I do know others who want it for the Wii, but the $39.99 pricepoint is simply too high for what this game visually is. I waited to get it at a TRU $20 off a Wii game sale, and feel like it was a bargain at $19.99. I love it, but agree $39.99 is high for what it is.

HOWEVER, the game is phenominal. Better than version on LIVE, but contains it as well as a download. You can DL the original version to DS from within the Wii game and take it on the road as well. If the DS version wasn't $30, I would've just bought it also.

If you have LIVE, or catch this for Wii or DS in a bargain bin, do not hesitate.

On Topic, this is an obvious candidate for Wii-Ware. Not sure if they could do Galaxies as it has lots and lots of different variations on gravity, physics and play, but they could definitely do the original game, and maybe add a few of the better variations in as well.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Could be interesting, especially if they try it and it gets popular enough to rejuvenate sales of the retail game.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies is awesome, and definitely is a great game to just pop in for a few minutes. The multiplayer isn't bad either! I picked it up for $30 and it was worth every penny.

As for seeing it on Wii-ware, I think the best move would be to release a few new levels at a promotional price and use that to get more sales for the regular version.

Around the Network

To be honest, I'm wondering why they didn't just hold off all together until Wiiware came out.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Yeah, I think forty bucks for Galaxy Wars is way too much, twenty is the upper limit, but ten would be full of win, so Wii owners can get a taste of this awesomeness at a low price.

^^ I agree. I wanted it, but the price was way too much. Given a second chance as a Wii Ware title, I'd by GWG in a heartbeat.

I hope it does get a WiiWare release. DMeisterJ is correct, for $10 this would be full of win for Wii owners.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I also wanted this game, but 40 euro (about 64 dollar) is just way too much.