Gran Turismo 0 0%

Diddy Kong Racing 4 4.35%

Goldeneye 007 16 17.39%

Starfox 64 8 8.70%

Other (please specify) 9 9.78%

Total:92
Leynos said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I never played the original Panzer Dragoons that were actual rail shooters. I only played Orta, which I thought was fantastic. 

How well do those games hold up? Because Star Fox 64 has aged incredibly well compared to most N64 games. 

There is the PD remake (Don't play the Switch version but PS4 or PC) . Zweii tho is a better game and still plays pretty good. People really need to play REZ tho. It's closer to PD in gameplay but it auto-rotates rather than the player.

I might just pick up PD remake. It's just $3 on Steam right now! And from the looks of it, a Zwei remake is in the works as well from the same devs. I'll look into Rez though when it has a sale. 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Leynos said:

There is the PD remake (Don't play the Switch version but PS4 or PC) . Zweii tho is a better game and still plays pretty good. People really need to play REZ tho. It's closer to PD in gameplay but it auto-rotates rather than the player.

I might just pick up PD remake. It's just $3 on Steam right now! And from the looks of it, a Zwei remake is in the works as well from the same devs. I'll look into Rez though when it has a sale. 

Honestly, I think the remake kinda botched the controls...

Still good, but the original holds up better. Iirc, I think you can unlock the original in Orta, so that might be worth checking out?

Still PD Zwei > PD

Something worth noting is that FF7 (18) already has more votes in 1 day than FF6 (17) did in all 3 days before the 1994 poll closed!

The FF fanbase often like to debate about which of the two is the best FF game (along with 9 and 10), but I think within the discourse of the broader gaming community, 7 is definitively viewed as THE Final Fantasy game

Dreamcaster999 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Still good, but the original holds up better. Iirc, I think you can unlock the original in Orta, so that might be worth checking out?

Still PD Zwei > PD

Aw for real? Well, even if it is just halfway decent, I'd still say that's $3 well spent

Dude are you serious?! I did not know that lol. I haven't played Orta since at least the mid 2000s, so unfortunately it's not something I have with me anymore, but that's still an awesome thing that was included. I was young, so I just replayed Orta over and over till I was done with it. 

Hopefully the devs don't botch the controls of the Zwei remake. 

Dreamcaster999 said:

Something worth noting is that FF7 (18) already has more votes in 1 day than FF6 (17) did in all 3 days before the 1994 poll closed!

The FF fanbase often like to debate about which of the two is the best FF game (along with 9 and 10), but I think within the discourse of the broader gaming community, 7 is definitively viewed as THE Final Fantasy game

FF7 got more exposure as the first FF game on Playstation.

I enjoyed 8 and 9 more tbh, 10 drove me up the wall with the random encounters which I quit playing because of not being able to make 10 steps without getting interrupted again. FF13 was ok (after getting through all the linear chapters), I skipped 15, bought 16 but haven't played yet. My son played it and said some boss battles last hours, he literally watched entire shows while doing one battle lol.

My favorite is FF12 since you could make your own AI rules with the gambit system. I could tinker with that for hours to create the best automated party able to deal with anything without intervention. I also like the skill tree from FF12 as well as the semi open world roaming.

FF7 was good, yet I feel no desire to play the remake. A remake of FF6 would be more interesting to me since I haven't played that one yet.

Criminal I'm still the only vote for Diablo, Blizzard really ran that franchise into the ground lol.

Around the Network

1. Star Fox 64 / Lylat Wars
2. FFVII
3. Total Annihilation

1. Quake II
2. Diablo
3. Dungeon Keeper
Total Annihilation
Fallout
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Age of Empires
Worms 2
The Curse of Monkey Island
Carmageddon

SvennoJ said:
Dreamcaster999 said:

I enjoyed 8 and 9 more tbh, 10 drove me up the wall with the random encounters which I quit playing because of not being able to make 10 steps without getting interrupted again. FF13 was ok (after getting through all the linear chapters), I skipped 15, bought 16 but haven't played yet. My son played it and said some boss battles last hours, he literally watched entire shows while doing one battle lol.

My favorite is FF12 since you could make your own AI rules with the gambit system. I could tinker with that for hours to create the best automated party able to deal with anything without intervention. I also like the skill tree from FF12 as well as the semi open world roaming.

FF7 was good, yet I feel no desire to play the remake. A remake of FF6 would be more interesting to me since I haven't played that one yet.

Criminal I'm still the only vote for Diablo, Blizzard really ran that franchise into the ground lol.

I know people that not played a single JRPG and could not name a single char from one with the exception of Cloud so it not surprising it get more votes then FF6 even through personally FF6 is my favorite JRPG not FF7.

Diablo 2 will almost certainly get my vote for game of the year for 2000 but Diablo while a first of it kind, It was not still Diablo 2 that blizzard really created the standard every game in that genre chase to this day.

SvennoJ said:
Dreamcaster999 said:

You know, I'm one of those guys who likes all the FF games and thinks its the GOAT franchise, but if you really liked gambit system in 12, then as much as it pains me, I just can't recommend 16 to you :(

It's basically the opposite in terms of gameplay as it has no real party strips away all the menu based RPG-like tinkering in favour of a full focus on DMC style action. If, however, you don't mind that, then I do recommend the game as the story, characters, music , etc are all really strong. Just sounds like it might not be quite your cup of tea

As for Diablo, I've never played any of them! But I used to be into Warcraft/WoW/Hearthstone, but Blizzard ran all of those into the ground too. I'm just staying away from their products now. Whatever talent and magic they had as a dev, clearly dried up a long time ago

gtotheunit91 said:
Dreamcaster999 said:

Still PD Zwei > PD

Aw for real? Well, even if it is just halfway decent, I'd still say that's $3 well spent

Dude are you serious?! I did not know that lol. I haven't played Orta since at least the mid 2000s, so unfortunately it's not something I have with me anymore, but that's still an awesome thing that was included. I was young, so I just replayed Orta over and over till I was done with it. 

Hopefully the devs don't botch the controls of the Zwei remake. 

Definitely worth $3! And still a good time!

For me, I just hope that the Zwei remake actually comes at some point. Been 3 years since the first one and still no real news, so I'm worried. Especially since Saga is one of the best games I've ever played and the world needs a remake of that more than any other game imo!