By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Suspect arrested by Las Vegas police for the 1996 murder of Tupac Shakur

The suspect is former gang leader of the South Side Compton Crips, Duane Davis (known as Keffe D), now aged 60. He was the leader of four people in the car that pulled up beside Tupac Shakur and Suge Knight and opened fire striking Knight in the head and Shakur 5 times in the chest, fatally wounding him. The other three people in the car were Orlando Anderson, Deandre Smith, and Terrence Brown.

The motivation for the murder was vengeance for an assault on Orlando Anderson, nephew of Duane Davis, by Tupac Shakur and Suge Knight’s entourage at a Mike Tyson fight that same night. The assault was itself vengeance relating to an earlier assault by Orlando Anderson on an associate of Tupac Shakur several months earlier. Davis set up and led a massacre of those involved, with Tupac Shakur and Suge Knight being the primary targets.

The fifth man pictured above is Eric “Von Zip” Martin (who passed away a decade ago) has an alleged connection in conspiracy for murder providing info, money, and weapons - he was an associate of of Sean (Puff Daddy) Combs and Biggie Smalls—head of Biggie’s security and godfather of his child. Puff Daddy’s record label Bad Boy had a famous rivalry with Suge Knight’s label Death Row. Biggie Small and Tupac had a rivalry dating back to an alleged connection to the attempted murder of Tupac Shakur in 1994.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Arrested but not yet convicted. We'll see what happens in court...

Only 27 years from murder to arrest, peak police efficiency!

Ka-pi96 said:

Only 27 years from murder to arrest, peak police efficiency!

I guess this puts Tupac into a different sort of 27 Club.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Banned for spamming the same post on the forums - TrunksWD

Last edited by trunkswd - on 29 November 2023