By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - hi everyone (louder and cuter than Deyon and mZuzek)

Tagged games:

is this place lame now?

yeah 13 50.00%

naw 13 50.00%

Total:26

Welcome back to VGChartz!

If you want a simplistic game that is cheap ($5) and yet very addicting I'd suggest Vampire Survivors. It is currently available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, mobile, as well as Game Pass. But it is coming to the Switch on August 17 along with couch co-op. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

The Zeldas obviously.
Metroid Dread
Hollow Knight
Xeno Chronicles
That one game where you are a goose and the point of the game is being an asshole to everyone because yknow, thats just how geese are

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 09 July 2023

Anything made by Nintendo is an obvious play, your Mario's, Zelda's, Kirby's and Metroids. Smaller indie games that I really enjoy include Golf Story 1, Bug Fables, Blossom Tales 1 and 2.

rapsuperstar31 said:

Anything made by Nintendo is an obvious play, your Mario's, Zelda's, Kirby's and Metroids. Smaller indie games that I really enjoy include Golf Story 1, Bug Fables, Blossom Tales 1 and 2.

Telling a Nintendo fan (who has Nintendo in his name) that Mario, Zelda, Metroid and any game made by Nintendo is an obvious play is like telling someone that water is wet

For self-care, Pikmin 4 would b something I'd suggest. If it's anything like Pikmin 3, it'll be very Zen-like and bring a smile to your face. As for another console, I recently got a PS5 to go with my Switch and holy... I was wrong in thinking PS5 and the new Xbox weren't a leap forward. They are, at least the PS5 is. Everything about it, from the controller to the console itself and how it functions, it all feels truly next-gen, imo. And Ratchet and Clank... *drools*. Ridiculously good.

Around the Network
Shatts said:

But it's hard to give game suggestions when we have zero knowledge about ur preferences and ur knowledge on games. Since u already have a switch, I'll just name some switch games that are single player hidden gems and promising ones coming soon

This.

Also yeah this place is lame now, we all know but it hurts to admit it. But it's for sure nice seeing someone back after a while, welcome!

You could pick up a Series S and a subscription to Game Pass for a few hundred bucks and then have access to a couple hundred games to try out and see what interests you these days.

Mar1217 said:

Just go freaking buy the Xenoblade Chronicles trilogy. It's all on one console now and it's a mesmerizing experience !

Otherwise, Kirby and the Forgotten Land was a great 3D action platformer debut for the franchise, you might give it a go.

Astral Chain is one of Platinum Games best in a long time too and entirely unique !
Could also go for the whole Bayonetta Trilogy now that's a thing on Switch 👍

Kirby is a great game for sure, if you're into platformers at all.  It's easy, so low stress, but there are still lots of feelings of accomplishment to be had.  It's also good for both very short and hours long gaming sessions. 

who capitalized my thread title?! it's less aesthetic now!

Shatts said:
NintendoPie said:

@Shatts : you're def trolling but, that's a great pre-game game. ngl.

lol. idk i just recently played it again and it's surprisingly really fun still. Although I played it on my Wii U so maybe there's a difference in graphics. The gameplay is surprisingly deep, people like to complain about the motion controls in some games, but Wii sports probs does it best. If you get a hang of how to use the controller it's the best experience in a video game ever. I just wish there was more content like story with a tournament arc. 

But it's hard to give game suggestions when we have zero knowledge about ur preferences and ur knowledge on games. Since u already have a switch, I'll just name some switch games that are single player hidden gems and promising ones coming soon

Coming soon

Pikmin 4 - 7/21
Mario Wonder - 10/20
Mario RPG - 11/17

Metroid Dread
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Captain Toad Puzzle Tracker
Kirby Forgotten Land
Xenoblade Chronicles
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Completely based on ur profile pic
New Pokemon Snap - not really a fun "game" u just take pictures essentially but good visuals and cute moments

Pokemon BDSP - hated cuz expectations were high for a DP "remake" but it's still a fun game 

It's quiet around this time but u should get more suggestions later in the day.

i never played it on the wii u, in fact i hated the wii u so i hardly actually bought games for it. not sure if that's controversial, lol.

i didn't mention any specificities bc i kind of wanted to keep an open mind. however, in general, i tend to like action/adventure, JRPGs/RPGs, and platformers. 

good recommendations overall though! i actually saw @Kakadu18 also recommend astral chain and completely forgot about that one. i'll definitely look into it.

always forget luigi's mansion 3 exists, will also def check into that. wish that would go on sale though, jesus. i also downloaded the kirby forgotten land demo and it seems super cute and chill to play so i'll for sure be buying that at some point.

and UGH, i am so upset with how pokemon games are going nowadays. i didn't play BDSP bc diamond/pearl gives me so much nostalgia and the remakes truly look horrible. i did play violet and it was alright, but i have no interest in returning to it. the games just feel so lifeless to me now. my favorite is still B2/W2 and i will sometimes go back and replay it to this day.

thanks for the reply!