By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Studio PixelOpus being shut down

Around the Network

Damn, this came out of nowhere. I'm hoping everyone at the studio lands on their feet.

That's a real shame. I'm guessing this project wasn't turning out the way they were hoping. Media Molecule better hope they nail the project they're working on now.

PixelOpus was a very creative studio. This could've been a one-of-a-kind game.

Sony tightening up on things and likely didn't like thier progress on the latest project. Media Molecule is next i assume since they wasted a whole gen.

Around the Network

That is very sad indeed. The "indie portions" of Sony suffering for a long time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

gtotheunit91 said:

That's a real shame. I'm guessing this project wasn't turning out the way they were hoping. Media Molecule better hope they nail the project they're working on now.

I think Media Molecule has more room for error compared to other PlayStation studios that have shut down because of how well their games review. 

I still imagine Media Molecule is fine.
I think London Studio is closer to being on the way out.  

Media Molecule pretty much printed money during the PS3 era. Dreams was still a success critically.

I do wonder what PixelOpus was collaborating with Sony Pictures Animation on before their project got canned.

the-pi-guy said:

I still imagine Media Molecule is fine.
I think London Studio is closer to being on the way out.  

Media Molecule pretty much printed money during the PS3 era. Dreams was still a success critically.

I was going to say. London Studio is probably next on the chopping block if their next game doesn't pan out.