By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Quality of Life Enhancements?

Autosave, quicksave and like you said a well designed map system.

TallSilhouette said:

Another thing I really appreciate are well designed and informative maps, particularly in large or intricate games with lots to unlock and collect. Knowing visibly what areas of the world I've already cleaned out and which still have secrets to uncover can save me a lot of aimless wandering. This depends on the game of course and sometimes the mystery is part of the fun.

This just makes me think of BOTW's map. No real indication of where you had been in an area, I think they added some map features in updates after I played but don't believe they had a real accurate fog of war type feature. From what I remember you activate a tower and the entire region is immediately illuminated with no indication of if you've actually visited specific parts of it.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

TallSilhouette said:

Another thing I really appreciate are well designed and informative maps, particularly in large or intricate games with lots to unlock and collect. Knowing visibly what areas of the world I've already cleaned out and which still have secrets to uncover can save me a lot of aimless wandering. This depends on the game of course and sometimes the mystery is part of the fun.

This just makes me think of BOTW's map. No real indication of where you had been in an area, I think they added some map features in updates after I played but don't believe they had a real accurate fog of war type feature. From what I remember you activate a tower and the entire region is immediately illuminated with no indication of if you've actually visited specific parts of it.

Yeah the first DLC added Hero's Path where you could see where you had travelled previously. 

Edit: As for me, I think rooms changing colors when you've picked up every item on maps is my favorite QoL improvement. 

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 02 March 2023

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Zippy6 said:

Yeah the first DLC added Hero's Path where you could see where you had travelled previously. 

Edit: As for me, I think rooms changing colors when you've picked up every item on maps is my favorite QoL improvement. 

Agreed. I'm playing through RE8 atm on PSVR2 and it's a great feeling to turn every room 'blue'.
The map in RE8 is really good, keeping track of what you left behind.

Auto mapping feature has always been my favorite since Doom. In BotW I ignored the towers until after exploring the area so I could see where I had not been yet. I much rather explore and uncover things bit by bit than using ubisoft towers.