By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| We have Stellar Helldiving Bots

BasilZero said:

I mean...most games are like that nowadays with patches

Otherwise you'll be stuck looking at downloading from disc screens from MGS4.

I believe there are more Xbox physical games, where you're required to install from a download, but most games on PlayStation have the full day 1 game on disc.  

A lot of games do have patches and whatnot, but it's not usually required for single player games. Usually at least. There are exceptions.

Around the Network

I think we get a showcase announcement tomorrow for the 30th.

All in for Team May!

PotentHerbs said:

I think we get a showcase announcement tomorrow for the 30th.

All in for Team May!

No, no, no!  It'll be announced for early June.

All in for Team June!

Leynos said:
BasilZero said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-shadows-does-not-need-an-internet-connection-to-run-you-will-be-able-to-play-the-entire-journey-offline/

"You will need to be online in order to install the game"

Still Ubi fucking trash

I don't understand the issue about being online to install the game, if you have a console/gaming pc chances are you must be connected to the internet nowadays.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
Leynos said:

"You will need to be online in order to install the game"

Still Ubi fucking trash

I don't understand the issue about being online to install the game, if you have a console/gaming pc chances are you must be connected to the internet nowadays.

Preservation/Ownership. Ubisoft is being sued over The Crew. Because they are the biggest sack of greedy cunts.

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Preservation/Ownership. Ubisoft is being sued over The Crew. Because they are the biggest sack of greedy cunts.

The Crew relies on online servers so yeah I understand why it's an issue there

But for single player games why is it an issue? 

Leynos said:

Because there is no functional reason other than giving Ubisoft even more control of the product you purchased. It is also going to be a preservation obstacle in the future as well.

AddRat said:

Because there is no functional reason other than giving Ubisoft even more control of the product you purchased. It is also going to be a preservation obstacle in the future as well.

In what way? Ubisoft could suddenly decide to stop allowing people to play?

AddRat said:

In what way? Ubisoft could suddenly decide to stop allowing people to play?

Yes. You think I can play that copy 20 years from now? No. Meanwhile, I have been playing Gleylancer on my Genesis. Edge of Skyhigh on my PS1 (Well Polymega) and Psyvariar 2 on Dreamcast.  Hell just imagine if The Last Story on Wii needed an online connection. Amazing game. It would be unplayable now. Xbox 360 shuttering the store. A lot of games will be lost. Angers me as the best version of Daytona USA and Guardian Heroes are there.

Let's go!!!!!