By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Zippy6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Bloodborne is playable on PS5 different from Demon Souls, so yes I believe this rumor is bogus.

The Last of Us was playable on PS5. Didn't stop them remaking it.

The remake was to have it on PC, PS5 was more of a consequence imho, plus having the studio develop tools for PS5. Bluepoint already done a game for PS5 so instead of Bloodborne there are other IPs that would make more sense to remake, as Bloodborne is even same type of game of Demon's Souls that they already remade.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Zippy6 said:

The remake was to have it on PC, PS5 was more of a consequence imho, plus having the studio develop tools for PS5. Bluepoint already done a game for PS5 so instead of Bloodborne there are other IPs that would make more sense to remake, as Bloodborne is even same type of game of Demon's Souls that they already remade.

I mean that's not really the reality of why the project started.

It wasn't started by Naughty Dog, it was started by Sony's support studios, that wanted to get into remakes, and they picked a relatively new title for a smaller budget.

There are some solid rumors that Guerilla is working on a Horizon Remaster. So I don't think a Bloodborne remaster is unlikely.

the-pi-guy said:
DonFerrari said:

I mean that's not really the reality of why the project started.

It wasn't started by Naughty Dog, it was started by Sony's support studios, that wanted to get into remakes, and they picked a relatively new title for a smaller budget.

There are some solid rumors that Guerilla is working on a Horizon Remaster. So I don't think a Bloodborne remaster is unlikely.

Won't say you are wrong, but for me they are completely unnecessary =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Sony made a cleaned up version for PC, PS5.  

Zippy6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Bloodborne is playable on PS5 different from Demon Souls, so yes I believe this rumor is bogus.

TLOU also is Sony's biggest IP.  They can keep milking that IP for years and years.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

So I'm mostly done with Final Fantasy II, and it's a bit of a strange experience.

It somehow feels less Final Fantasy like than the previous game, and more at the same time.

I feel like the story is a bit of a step up from FFI, but I have some issues with the rest of the game. Levelling is probably overly skill based, like even magic abilities have their own level. The world feels simultaneously very open and not open. You can get around to most of the world very early in the game, but it's generally a pain to do so. Even 3/4ths of the way through the game, it's still more painful than the first game.  

Harder platinum because there are some things that can be missed.  

It's so amazing to me, as someone who started with X, how even Final Fantasy I feels like it's part of the same cloth. It's also wild how much changed (visually, design wise) in the 14 years between Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy X.  

Awful stuff. Seems likely this studio is gone.  

Unfortunate to hear about the Deviation layoffs. Was really interested in what they were potentially gonna make.

It's pretty obvious Sony is definitely putting on a showcase real soon and checked in on a bunch of projects for available assets to be shown. They likely have a high bar of quality that needs to be met after a certain amount of time and 3 years is a lot of dev time for quality. Considering the closure of Pixel, the cancelled IP from Final Strike games this week and now this news today. It's likely Sony didn't like what they saw from Deviation this time around, especially since Jason's departure. It looks like Sony won't be acquiring this studio after all, which matches with their announcement that the investment budget has been reduced.

It sucks for all the people that lost their job this week and last in the industry. I can understand Sony's point of view though, they are trying to avoid a situation like RedFall and rightfully so.

A game developer on Era said this about Deviation games several months ago:

"Haha, that's already been happening constantly. Revolving door."