By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

G2ThaUNiT said:

Bloober Team hasn't made an objectively great game before imo. Some decent games that I enjoyed, but never ones that I would give glowing praise.

So I was surprised to hear they were ones developing this remake. I loved the hell out of the original game, but it is very dated like you mentioned lol. From the more recent trailers though, it does seem like Bloober has done a stellar job in modernizing the game in areas that it really needed to be. They already have a winning formula of a game, so I hope they didn't change too much in their attempt at modernizing it. A little relieved from some of the early reviews, but still waiting to see when more reviews come out.

I remember finding out Bloober Team was making the game and immediately getting deflated lol. 

Around the Network

Seems like Until Dawn PS5 doesn't run at 60fps, which is quite disappointing all things considered.
I wonder if there is a day 1 patch to go alongside it to improve overall performance.

That said, new content seems cool. And hopefully leads into an Until Dawn 2 from FireSprite. Also, I think I've mentioned before but it would be great if Ballistic Moon could remake The Inpatient to be like UD, considering it is a prequel.

I played Until Dawn because of PS+. I dunno maybe because I grew up watching tons of horror films as a kid. Esp gory ones from the 80s. UD was boring to me. Every jump scare felt so predictable and I did. I knew each one before it happened. It follows all the cliches. So in my game, everyone lived.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Silent hill 2 reviews out currently sitting 86 on Opencritic.

twintail said:

Seems like Until Dawn PS5 doesn't run at 60fps, which is quite disappointing all things considered.
I wonder if there is a day 1 patch to go alongside it to improve overall performance.

That said, new content seems cool. And hopefully leads into an Until Dawn 2 from FireSprite. Also, I think I've mentioned before but it would be great if Ballistic Moon could remake The Inpatient to be like UD, considering it is a prequel.

That's disappointing to hear.

Not to say no 60 FPS option is a deal breaker, but for a PS4 title being remade, its a major let down. Still looking forward to Until Dawn 2 though lol. 

Around the Network

About 15 hours in and I want to say Rebirth is up there with some of the best Final Fantasy games ever.

Its a major improvement from Remake on all fronts.

Rebirth is solid but not among best ever. Best FF SP game in 20 years tho since the bar is low. Except for the last act. Ugh.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

7 hours into GTAV on PS5.

About to do the first heist in the jewelry store.

I'm loving the game - the colors and the visuals are much more appealing than the grimy gritty visuals of GTAIV.

Gameplay is a huge improvement but the visuals man, damn good.