By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

BraLoD said:

Is PSN down for anyone else?

There's a thread on ERA saying it is down.

I dont play online but I wonder how much would it affect me for playing GTAV offline.

Around the Network

Yeah, it's down for me. Herman Hulst has remastered the 2011 PS3 PSN outage for PS5! WOOHOOO!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'm looking forward to the new DBZ game and hope that we'll get a real Budokai 4 someday.
Crunchyroll/Sony have also announced that Dragon Ball Daima will be released on Crunchyroll from October 11th. It was Akira Toriyama's last project before he passed away.

I'm surprisingly shocked about Silent Hill 2 lol.

I thought it looked clunky and janky from the trailer earlier in the year, but with more gameplay coming out, and some early impressions, I'm feeling a lot more hype about it.

PotentHerbs said:

I thought it looked clunky and janky from the trailer earlier in the year, but with more gameplay coming out, and some early impressions, I'm feeling a lot more hype about it.

Has anyone made an official Silent Hill 2 remake thread? I would but I'd screw it up somehow. I'm very much looking forward to it. Its exactly the type of game I like, but I didnt buy them on initial release back in the day and felt they would be too dated to play recently. Just hoping it doesnt absolutely tank review-wise, so I'm hoping to see more good reviews.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
epicurean said:
PotentHerbs said:

Has anyone made an official Silent Hill 2 remake thread? I would but I'd screw it up somehow. I'm very much looking forward to it. Its exactly the type of game I like, but I didnt buy them on initial release back in the day and felt they would be too dated to play recently. Just hoping it doesnt absolutely tank review-wise, so I'm hoping to see more good reviews.

Bloober Team hasn't made an objectively great game before imo. Some decent games that I enjoyed, but never ones that I would give glowing praise. 

So I was surprised to hear they were ones developing this remake. I loved the hell out of the original game, but it is very dated like you mentioned lol. From the more recent trailers though, it does seem like Bloober has done a stellar job in modernizing the game in areas that it really needed to be. They already have a winning formula of a game, so I hope they didn't change too much in their attempt at modernizing it. A little relieved from some of the early reviews, but still waiting to see when more reviews come out.

G2ThaUNiT said:
epicurean said:

Bloober Team hasn't made an objectively great game before imo. Some decent games that I enjoyed, but never ones that I would give glowing praise. 

So I was surprised to hear they were ones developing this remake. I loved the hell out of the original game, but it is very dated like you mentioned lol. From the more recent trailers though, it does seem like Bloober has done a stellar job in modernizing the game in areas that it really needed to be. They already have a winning formula of a game, so I hope they didn't change too much in their attempt at modernizing it. A little relieved from some of the early reviews, but still waiting to see when more reviews come out.

Ive only seen the Kotuku score. Are there other reviews out?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

You know, I really hope the original hits PS Classics in some form. Would be a shame to not have the original.

epicurean said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Ive only seen the Kotuku score. Are there other reviews out?

Yeah actually now that I'm thinking about it, only review I've seen so far was from Famitsu. They gave it a 35/40. 

epicurean said:

I'm sure an official Metacritic thread will be made.