By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

the-pi-guy said:
twintail said:

Don't I need my PS5 to be constantly on in order to use this outside my house? 

if so, this feels incredibly pointless to me, unless there's something I'm missing here.

It can also be in rest mode. 

Which may be a deal breaker for some. 

hmm that is a bit better at least.

PotentHerbs said:

I have no interest in a handheld for the PS5 even if its at an attractive price point but the current rumors are in line with what I expected Sony to do. However, without cloud streaming, I can't see this taking off.

Having your PlayStation library on the go is the biggest selling point of this device.

As I've mentioned before, in line with what I would prefer.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

If it's remote only, and costs like $100, I would think about it. 

If it's more than $100, then I think it needs something more. Like local play for older titles as I was saying, but that seems like a pipe dream.  

No way its just $100 lol

It'll be minimum $200

If all it does is remote play from PS5 - they might as well cancel it.

the-pi-guy said:

You know what. I think i would be interested in a handheld that played PS1, PS2, PSP, and maybe PSVita classics locally with PS4+PS5 streaming. 

It wouldn't interest me but I think Sony could compensate for the lack of cloud streaming by doing this.

Have a curated list of older PlayStation games with upscaling techniques, that includes classic single player games like God of War 2 and Gran Turismo, have local multiplayer games like Socom and Motorstorm, all with newly implemented Dualsense features and trophies.

Based on the latest Ampere report about engagement on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles for February 2023, Final Fantasy 14, Genshin Impact, and Destiny 2 all ranked in the top ten.

Two of these titles are PlayStation console exclusives while the other is a Sony first party studio. Final Fantasy 14 ranking second, ahead of Modern Warfare 2 and Fortnite, has surprised me but demonstrates the strength and utility of the FF IP. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Hmm. Thoughts? I'm definitely mixed side. I probably would've preferred if it was also a cloud streaming device. Who knows, it still might be since this is just a report. 

Totally useless if you need the PS5, you can already remote play from several other devices.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Blood_Tears said:

4X experience is nice, when you want to cut back on the grinding. 

Damn, so tempted to get it on Playstation.

I already got the Pixel remasters on Steam and plan to play them soon in the future.

Though I'm tempted to get it on Switch just to play them portable.

I'll get it on Playstation sometime down the line when its on sale.

Its so awesome that almost all of the FF titles can be played across Playstation just like on Steam. They only need to remaster FFXIII trilogy now lol

Last edited by BasilZero - on 05 April 2023

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been much effort to bring FFXIII to modern platforms. It's the only single player one missing at this point. 

the-pi-guy said:

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been much effort to bring FFXIII to modern platforms. It's the only single player one missing at this point. 

Surprised too, would have been great to create a collection of it.

I have the entire trilogies on PS3, Steam and Xbox (which I bought when they went on sale few months ago).

Dont mind quadruple dipping it :p