By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Keep your 1080p TVs brothers and sisters! Rebirth on pertormance mode looks more than fine on my 32 inch 1080p TV. Didn't try it on the living room's 55 inch 4K TV.

Graphics mode is just unplayable to me. Feels more like 20 fps, and significantly worse than Tears of the Kingdom which is the last 30fps game I played.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

Keep your 1080p TVs brothers and sisters! Rebirth on pertormance mode looks more than fine on my 32 inch 1080p TV. Didn't try it on the living room's 55 inch 4K TV.

Graphics mode is just unplayable to me. Feels more like 20 fps, and significantly worse than Tears of the Kingdom which is the last 30fps game I played.

It's 60FPS in Performance mode. It's a stuttery mess in Graphics mode. I've put 45 hours into it in Performance mode on a 4K tv and it looks fine.

Last edited by Leynos - on 04 March 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Best song in this game.

Leynos said:
Kyuu said:

It's 60FPS in Performance mode. It's a stuttery mess in Graphics mode. I've put 45 hours into it in Performance mode on a 4K tv and it looks fine.

And yet everyone and their grandma is complaining about Perfirmance mode's image quality, with many opting for the horrid Graphics mode. And Digital Foundry cemented that lol. Different people different perceptions I guess.

Kyuu said:
Leynos said:

And yet everyone and their grandma is complaining about Perfirmance mode's image quality, with many opting for the horrid Graphics mode. And Digital Foundry cemented that lol. Different people different perceptions I guess.

Whiney bitches. Let's see them play a game on a CRT from the 80s. 1080P still looks fine but people now act like the princess and the pea.

Around the Network

FF VII Rebirth and FF16 could be my favorite FF ever. That's crazy.

On the one hand, I generally no longer support the idea of ultra high budget games with top notch graphics, due to their long development times and risk factor. If Sony isn't particularly happy about the high sales figures of their games, imagine SquareEnix's disappointment at an ultra high budget/super-polished FF7 Rebirth selling less than 10 million.

On the other hand, I'm slightly disappointed that SE decided to stick with the outdated Unreal Engine 4. I'd take a year late UE5-Rebirth with superior and more consistent visuals over what we got, especially since the 3rd game (PS5+6 CrossGen) will be stuck with or limited by the design choices and fidelity of UE4-Rebirth.

Transitioning to UE5 would have probably cost them a fortune initially, but between transitioning with Rebirth or the 3rd game, I think the former makes more sense. Looks to me that they will do neither and just stick with UE4... unless Rebirth crushes it in sales.

Kyuu said:
Leynos said:

I think in today's' age when you play a non Nintendo game at launch you are going to have to deal with some of this.  Horizon Forbidden West was the same thing in performance mode, but i got patched and if you played it a month or two after it came out it was fantastic and you had nothing to complain about.

I haven't played Rebirth, I will be waiting for the PC port. Having said that 1440p/60fps is way better than 4k/30fps. Framerate matters more than resolution. I beleive Rebirth in performance targets 1440p and that is plenty.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

I haven't played Rebirth, I will be waiting for the PC port. Having said that 1440p/60fps is way better than 4k/30fps. Framerate matters more than resolution. I beleive Rebirth in performance targets 1440p and that is plenty.

I hope SE doesn't half-ass the PC port like they did with Remake Intergrade lol. It was a jittery mess where you had to force the game to run in DX11 and SE never bothered fixing it. 1440P/60fps is definitely a sweet spot for me though. Visual fidelity is still great, and it doesn't sacrifice framerate anywhere near as much as it does running the game at 4K. 

FF16's Performance Mode was a huge disappointment. I could count on my fingers how many times I hit what looked like a steady 60fps. 

I probably should've waited for the PC port lol, but that Platinum did feel good to get. Moreso than just a ribbon that Steam achievements give you for unlocking everything lol.

I'll be waiting for Rebirth's PC port as well. I still have to finish my backlog of Tsushima, Ragnarök, and soon to be Dragon's Dogma 2.