By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

the-pi-guy said:

I don't particularly think Sony makes enough game as it is, and there was a leaked presentation that suggested that Sony agreed with that. 

I'm interested in how the leaked presentation fits the puzzle. 

Maybe Sony Interactive were trying to justify why they shouldn't be downsizing? Or perhaps they were advocating for some more M&A funding? I would like to think Sony values their gaming division, but with their recent cuts, it seems like they would rather prioritize short term gains. Sony hasn't made a gaming acquisition in quite some time. I hope they aren't complacent, and think they have enough. 

Its unfortunate PlayStation can't get some leeway when they were carrying Sony through severe financial troubles. 

Around the Network
twintail said:

For sure. Enjoying Rollerdrome. Will Def play through Sifu.

I'm glad I didn't bite on Sifu when it went on sale. It seems challenging, so I feel like I would regret buying it, but I can't wait to finally play it.

What's everyone playing this weekend?

I'm getting back into Marvel's Midnight Suns. I enjoyed it, but got sidetracked with other games, and it got pushed down the rotation. Very easy to pick up again, and it feels like an attainable platinum, although I haven't checked the trophy list lol.

PotentHerbs said:

I'm getting back into Marvel's Midnight Suns. I enjoyed it, but got sidetracked with other games, and it got pushed down the rotation. Very easy to pick up again, and it feels like an attainable platinum, although I haven't checked the trophy list lol.

No Rebirth for you yet?

I'm taking a small break from Ghost of Tsushima to play Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster this weekend. Shouldn't take longer than 10 hours to 100% lol, but I love seeing Nightdive continue to bring back classic 90s FPS games. 

That being said, Ghost of Tsushima is slowly turning into my favorite game that PlayStation Studios has ever put out! It's creeping up on God of War (2018) for me! But I still have Ragnarök after Tsushima, so who knows how well that holds up lol. 

But the attention to detail in Tsushima is unlike anything I've ever experienced in a video game before. Even from the ambient sounds is just so immersive. I picked up the recently released Pulse Elite wireless headphones this past weekend and it just takes it to a whole other level. Not a huge fan of the basic collect-a-thon style open world, but even that's a minor nitpick compared to the overall package. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

No Rebirth for you yet?

I'm taking a small break from Ghost of Tsushima to play Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster this weekend. Shouldn't take longer than 10 hours to 100% lol, but I love seeing Nightdive continue to bring back classic 90s FPS games. 

That being said, Ghost of Tsushima is slowly turning into my favorite game that PlayStation Studios has ever put out! It's creeping up on God of War (2018) for me! But I still have Ragnarök after Tsushima, so who knows how well that holds up lol. 

But the attention to detail in Tsushima is unlike anything I've ever experienced in a video game before. Even from the ambient sounds is just so immersive. I picked up the recently released Pulse Elite wireless headphones this past weekend and it just takes it to a whole other level. Not a huge fan of the basic collect-a-thon style open world, but even that's a minor nitpick compared to the overall package. 

I still have to play the first part lol! I'm also debating whether or not to get the platinum for Final Fantasy 16, which is straight forward but a massive time sink, or to finally play FF8 remastered. 

As for Ghost, its a remarkable game, and the best new IP of the last generation! The presentation is some of the best I've experienced in an open world game. I'd argue it does a lot of heavy lifting for the generic side missions, collectibles, and quests. In a way, it turns me off from Rise of the Ronin, which is odd. I wanted to get back into it for the platinum, but I would have to relearn or familiarize myself with the controls again. 

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

On Playstation? Driveclub - I'm on legendary right now , almost done with the base game.

On what else I'm playing

-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - 70% done with the main story

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - almost done with the 150cc races

-Super Smash Bros Ultimate (NS) - Playing World of Light, a third way done

-Final Fantasy VII (NS) - 6 hours in, almost done with the Midgar section

PotentHerbs said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

No Rebirth for you yet?

I still have to play the first part lol! I'm also debating whether or not to get the platinum for Final Fantasy 16, which is straight forward but a massive time sink, or to finally play FF8 remastered. 

As for Ghost, its a remarkable game, and the best new IP of the last generation! The presentation is some of the best I've experienced in an open world game. I'd argue it does a lot of heavy lifting for the generic side missions, collectibles, and quests. In a way, it turns me off from Rise of the Ronin, which is odd. I wanted to get back into it for the platinum, but I would have to relearn or familiarize myself with the controls again. 

Well, that's a fair reason lol. I got Platinum for FF16 and while yeah, it's a time sink, as long as you're down to just the FF Mode completion and unlocking all Eikon ability trophies by the end of your first playthrough, it's really not that bad. I just B-lined it through the main story, ignoring everything (except for the several Hunts needed for the Ultima Sword) and got Platinum around the 64 hour mark, which includes the Echoes of the Fallen DLC, which one of the trophies was defeating Omega on FF Mode. 

Still quite a bit of time lol, but not like the supposed 150-200 hours needed to Platinum FF7 Rebirth

I actually completely agree with your argument for Tsushima. The way they incorporate what many would consider generic quests and collectibles was really well thought out. Whether it's the hot springs and how you meditate, honoring the shrines from the foxes and hill climbing/puzzle, or selecting a piece of the environment to put together into a poem. It's all so masterfully tied together to the overall setting of the game. Which is why it's such a minor nitpick lol. If this was a Ubisoft game, it would all no doubt feel like an absolute chore

I'm mainly interested in Rise of the Ronin for the action tbh lol. While Tsushima's action is slicker and more grounded, Ronin's action looks more......arcade-y? lol it still looks like it could be a fun time. Especially with a deeper focus on the story, which I know isn't usually a strength of Team Ninja. 

Speaking of Tsushima, rumor just started that the PC port for the game may be announced as soon as next Tuesday lol. Sony is usually random on these PC port announcements.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Speaking of Tsushima, rumor just started that the PC port for the game may be announced as soon as next Tuesday lol. Sony is usually random on these PC port announcements.

Getting all these games except for Bloodborne :(

Just hit Chapter 4 in Rebirth. Performance mode and it looks good to me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!